Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

06' Mustang Lemans Stripes Addition/Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
TheArsik22

Default 06' Mustang Lemans Stripes Addition/Exhaust??

Hey everyone, just joined these forums and already am looking for advice. Lol
I have a black 2006 V6 Mustang that I just bought a few months ago and now that I have some extra money I want to make some changes to how it looks without costing too much. I saw the 10" White Lemans Stripes (http://www.americanmuscle.com/white-...ipes-0512.html) and really liked how they look but I don't know if it will look good on my black Mustang??? I've seen videos on YouTube and I like it but I'm still unsure. Just wanna hear what you guys think since you have more experience with these awesome cars than I do. Im barely 18 so I don't have the money to paint the stripes on or anything so do the vinyl look good still? Please help Lol Oh and also, for exhausts, any you recommend that are no more than $250? Thanks in advance for any opinions
Old 03-28-2012, 03:12 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums . Where in Cali are you if you don't mind me asking? Vinyl stripes are very popular, I don't have any personal experience with them, but I do believe that most members on here go that route. As far as exhaust, at your price range, only a single would be your option. I would recommend dual exhaust. I'm not sure which single muffler sounds good, try YouTube for that as well!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 AM
TheArsik22

Thanks! I'm glad I could find this place haha
I'm in Los Angeles . Okay cool cuz painting them on is way too much lol
For dual exhaust, how do I make the opening for the other side ? Is it way more expensive?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 PM
o7 tungsten
3rd Gear Member

i went the vinyl route and regret i didn't get them painted now. vinyl are a great temporarily solution, but i personally would save up to have them painted. they look great at first, but after a while they get dull and will eventually need to get replaced.

Last edited by o7 tungsten; 03-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Cool, I'm in Los Angeles too. You can have a muffler shop fabricate you an h-pipe or an x-pipe. That would require them to cut the stock pipes right after the cats and put in new pipes. I have an h-pipe and Flownaster American Thunder. I paid $270 for the mufflers and $360 for the install. I'm sure there are other places who will charge less.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

My dealer has a paint-on-vinyl option. It's kinda pricey, but it means you can get ANY color you want, and if you get tired of that color, you can simply remove the vinyl and re-apply with a different paint color. It's about $1500 (including rocker stripes I think). The stripes are also cut by computer to account for any body kit mods you may have made.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I helped my friend install white stripes on his Sonic Blue mustang back in '07. It looks good but one recommendation: use a hair dryer. The bubbles can be really tough to get out and we didn't use a hair dryer and had to poke holes in it for the air to escape.

Also keep in mind: you live in LA. That's a hot atmosphere where the sun likes to bake paint. Do you park in a garage? When I went to school, I had to park in a surface lot. It killed my stripes. Lead to some serious discoloration. But it did last me 2 years before it started going.

If you have $250, that'll get you an axleback exhaust (single muffler only) with some money left over. To put it in better terms: I'm running pipes back to knockoff flowmasters. No X-pipe, No h-pipe. Just shorty headers to cats to pipes to mufflers. Cost me $450 plus the cost of the headers. I'm running a cheap exhaust that sounds alright, but nothing near what the best sound like.

My advice is to invest in an H-pipe with magnaflow mufflers. My friend's sonic blue had 'em and they sounded quiet at low rpms, but they sounded clean and mean up at higher rpms
Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Do performance first, you won't regret it. With that said plan on paying double or triple for stripes to be installed, many people do it themselves and end up buying another set because they butcher the first set too much during the install or it turns out really crappy. It's really something for an expert. You can't beat a man at his trade
Dual exhaust only cost me $250 for everything infusing install, all they do is cut out the bumper using a pypes template. If your interested in performance ive got a cold air intake I'll sell ya for really cheap just pm me.