Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Newb Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM
flawless

Default Newb Questions...

What does a V6 2005 mustang need to be able to beat a stock v8 2005 mustang?
Would an xcal2, exhaust and air intank due?

How many seconds would an xcal2 cut off your time 0-60 for automatic ?
or even having an intank isntalled that gives you 20 mph

Just wanted an idea of how fast to expect my car to be 0-60 , with these upgrades so when i race my friend again i can expect a huge defeat.

Also if you install an exhaust "magna flow axle-back" is there something in the car you that should be reseted?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Newb Questions...

First of all to beat an 05 Mustang GT you are gonna either need a Supercharger or Nitrous. Even with: headers, exhaust, tune, and intake you wont be able to be a GT. If you get an intake, certain brands require a tune. The computer needs to be re-flashed in order to allow the high flow intake. No tune is required for exhaust. I would reccomend the magnaflow duals, I have the duals and love it. It sounds great and gives the car a little jump. I would also reccomend the X-Cal 2. It does a great job in getting rid of the lag from the time you floor it, until it actually starts going, if you have an automatic. So if you want to beat a stock 05 GT, you are gonna need to spend about $4,000 for a supercharger or about $1000 (maybe) for Nitrous.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

pretty much everything MH said and then some... You will need better tires and some suspension work... I'm closing in the 05 GT HPwise but I'm still a lot slower with my run of the mill all season radials... LOL!!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Don't forget about gears and the trac-lock...

you might also need a bit of suspension work and new tires to be able to hold onto the road.

I've heard that even with 8psi on the stock engine, chargers have been blowing head gaskets on these 4.0's... supersixmotorsports is working on (or maybe it's out by now) a thicker/stronger head gasket... Would also suggest new pistons, rings, etc to be able to handle the boost...

Check out supersixmotorsports.com for more info, they have a pretty good writeup on the 4.0
Old 09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

Don't forget about gears and the trac-lock...

you might also need a bit of suspension work and new tires to be able to hold onto the road.

I've heard that even with 8psi on the stock engine, chargers have been blowing head gaskets on these 4.0's... supersixmotorsports is working on (or maybe it's out by now) a thicker/stronger head gasket... Would also suggest new pistons, rings, etc to be able to handle the boost...

Check out supersixmotorsports.com for more info, they have a pretty good writeup on the 4.0

The gears aren't as important as putting in a new differential.... The gearing is actually pretty good... I switched gears because I'm running such an oversized tire... I put a track-lock in... it's pretty descent... Detroit Locker has a new limited slip that's worth checking out...

Do you have actual examples of real people that have blown their head gaskets? Not trying to be a smart a$$... just curious.. Powerhouse is running something like 125HP shot of nitrous on stock internals... no problems yet... on the motor anyways... the blew out their track-lock...

Properly tuned the 4.0L should be able to go to 300HP with just stock parts... I'm pretty close... 246RWHP plus say 18% for the automatic... puts me right about 290HP at the crank... some people will tell you that for the automatic it more like 20% to 25%...

definitely agree on new tires..... mine look great at the car show... but suck at the track... LOL!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:01 AM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

No specific examples, just what I've read on forums and various sites.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:24 PM
flawless

thanks for the help
Old 09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
flawless

Ok lets say stock runs 0-60 in 6.7 secs , with a new single exhaust pipe would the sec's decrease? Or even adding a cold air intank have a dramatic change? OR even Xcal2