Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford's "Cash Card"

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Bob_Young

Default Ford's "Cash Card"

Looking for a base V6 coupe. Checked dealer inventories on the web and found a couple of V6's nearby (same dealership) that fit my specs. Asked for the "Internet Price" on one of them through their site.

Dealer came right back in an email with a price that was big discount from the MSRP. Took my current car in so they could look it over as a trade. The offer was fair, but not great, as I expected. He said everything was selling "$100 over invoice" this month (Dec.).

Got home and realized I had a Ford $750 Cash Card that I'd received in the mail a few days ago. Called back and asked if that would help reduce the difference between my trade and the new V6.

At first he indicated it would; but then when I repeated the price he'd quoted in the email it was, "Uh, no, I looked you up and took that $750 into account when I quoted the car.".

My BS meter jumped a bit at that; but I don't really know how these things work. Can someone here enlighten me? Would hate to miss out on $750 if I've got it coming.

Mods, if this is posted in the wrong place, please move but let me know where it went.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

That $750 is a factory incentive. What you need to do is figure out what discounts they already offered you. Most likly they took the standard rebate and also marked down their sticker price which means they still can and should give you the 750 off. I used the same incentive when I bought my 2010 and if I remember correctly it said present the 750 voucher after all other dealer discounts.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Bob_Young

That's what I thought, mph. Looks like I blew it by mentioning it.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I have to say my dealer, popped all the rebates into place after the car was discounted to the $100 over Invoice price.

If I would have financed I would have gotten an extra $500 from FMCC, but I didn't want to finance.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
JimC

I think he is giving you a line of BS. How did he already give you the factory incentive, when in order to do so the dealer has to enter the code from the card into the system? The card isn't given out to everyone who gets a brochure, it is a luck of the draw whether you get one or not (and frequently it seems to hit the mail box after you buy a car - in fact on mine it came in after I bought my wife's Lincoln and asked to have a brochure sent). When I bought my car I got the X plan price - and all the incentives that were being offered at the time. Before I picked up the car I got one of the factory $750 cards - went in and the sale rep said "hang on, brought up my order, entered the code from the card and said - 'done' - you got another $750 off the price now"
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I wish someone would give me $750.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Bob_Young

Default deal made

Checking back in on this. Apparently if you request an internet price, the dealer can use your particulars to access a ford site that indicates whether you received a Private Cash Offer card. Went to another dealer who had checked and found that I had received three such offers (though you can only use one).

Anyway the dealing was fairly straight forward, I understood where the costs were coming from, and the trade-in allowance was good. Besides that I really liked the Premium V6 Coupe with stick compared to the base V6 automatic I'd driven. So a deal was made and I'm supposed to pick up the car on Wednesday. It's deep impact blue and has the Pony Package...kinda sharp. So, goodby Focus, hello Mustang.

Question now is whether I want to get it Ziebarted. It will probably cost several hundred dollars. This will be a daily driver and we get lots of snow and salt so I may go that way. Besides, I like the Ziebart smell...