Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What a day

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Default What a day

Ok, let me start by saying I work out of town during the week and come home on weekends. Took off early to day because I knew I had some parts at home to put on the car. 2013 White V6, 6 speed manual. I purchased from Ameican Muscle a set of caliper covers a few weeks back, as of last weekend I still had not received tham, Called AM and they appolgised and sent a new set out, The set was received buy the family earlier in the week, Looking forward to come home and change to the summer tires and put these on, boy did I get a suprise what I open the box. See photo, called AM back and getting a new set delivered tomorrow, AM customer service is great. Also I had a brand new set of Borla ATAK's delivered and wanted to get them on. Got them on, Not as loud as I thought they would be, I'm an old Harley guy used to the big thump but nice sound anyway or I thought. Daughter came out and said sounds liks a Prieus on Steroids, Dident know weather laugh or cry
Attached Thumbnails What a day-102_4096.1.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Laugh and tell the daughter "And you won't be driving it since I wouldn't want you to feel embarassed."
Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

They did you a favor man, caliper covers for the loss (why fake the funk and try to look like a BBK). Consider this a sign and tell AM (great vendor by the way) to keep their faux calipers and use that money for something more worthwhile. I saw some the other day on a mustang and boy did I have a good chuckle (they even look fake from a distance). Don't like the look of the calipers? Just paint them black and it call it day. Also, I can see why you would want a deeper rumble with the exhaust coming from a harley. Never heard the exhaust on a v6 but I'm sure it sounds good. Good luck and happy modding.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Laugh and tell the daughter "And you won't be driving it since I wouldn't want you to feel embarassed."
She liked your reponce, and so did I
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
They did you a favor man, caliper covers for the loss (why fake the funk and try to look like a BBK). Consider this a sign and tell AM (great vendor by the way) to keep their faux calipers and use that money for something more worthwhile. I saw some the other day on a mustang and boy did I have a good chuckle (they even look fake from a distance). Don't like the look of the calipers? Just paint them black and it call it day. Also, I can see why you would want a deeper rumble with the exhaust coming from a harley. Never heard the exhaust on a v6 but I'm sure it sounds good. Good luck and happy modding.
I know, I know, Right now for the cost I'm kinda ok with it, Will run with them this year and see what happens. Exhaust sounds good but not as good as my Hemi Challenger R/T with stock exhausts, Nothing beats the V8 for sound, But I like the V6 Stang, It's actually the wife's car

Last edited by Chazman_1962; 03-30-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:09 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Those caliper covers will accent wifeys earrings nicely.

Just dont get called out while you are driving it...
Old 03-30-2013, 12:06 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Those caliper covers will accent wifeys earrings nicely.

Just dont get called out while you are driving it...
They'd have to be costume jewelry earrings so they could match the covers. See what I did there? LOL.