V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Key programming not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 06:09 PM
Fabio Zecchel

Default Key programming not working

Hello to everyone!

i'm having a big problem here..the car won't start because my PATS system is activated and the PATS icon flashes rapidly when i crank her; The ECU keep storing only 1 key every time i do the erase and reprogram keys procedure.
When i use Forscan or IDS to do the procedure,they both tells me that everything went fine,and the car start right away with the last key coded;but IF right after i turn her off OR if i take the key out of the ignition without starting her up, if then i try to turn the car ON,the PATS light flashes rapidly when i turn the key in the ON position and she doesn't start anymore. And If i go to check the key count in the ECU, this shows that only 1 key is remained memorized. I've got DTC's B1213 and B1601.
All this happened right after i swapped my ECU with another one i've got at home,to load a tune in it and keep it as a backup. Right after i did the swap, tried to turn on the car, PATS light started to flash and the car won't start. I literally only detached and re-attached 3 connectors in the ecu,and nothing else.
I've got 5 keys,4 of these are Ford OEM and 1 is aftermarket; all the keys were memorized in both the ECUs, and none got to start the car.

So,What could be that is preventing the keys from be memorized in the ECU?it could be possible that some module(SJB)/receiver is failing?Or maybe some wire/connector issue?

P.s. An electrician did a test to the transceiver,and told me that it reads the code stored in the key correctly,so it should work.

If someone could give me an hint on what to check,would be really really appreciated. i'm at a dead spot right now..