Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I have pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I have pics!!!

thanks

befor you know it you will have thing done to you car that will make the car yours. You will be able to say that your car is unique from all the other cars out there.

but remember to watch out for your wife soon or later she wont let you on the computer

my dad will buy things for his pickup and wont tell my mom, he gets it installed and just lets here notice what is new all on her own. Then he can justy say that it has been there awhile lol
Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 AM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Great job on the headlight bezels, has anyone else done this with pics of each step? I can't seem to find the " Street seanse " web site?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 01:02 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

here is the web site

http://www.streetsceneeq.com/searchr...=2005&x=13&y=3

have not heard of any one else doing this..... YET...
Old 12-21-2005, 01:11 AM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Hello, thanks for the site! Hope to hear some other successful story’s per the headlights, would love to tackle this project! Great job on yours. Coming to California any time soon?

Mike
Old 12-21-2005, 03:08 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

that would be a fun trip.... But.... I had one hell of a time when i had the head light setting on my work table. Do i really want to pry on my brand new cars headlight and risk braking them? I would not even consider taring into some one elses headlingts

I just knew i was going to get on ebay and have to buy a set of headlights. but it all worked out.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Hammerhead

How do the headlights come apart for you to paint the buckets??? Is it a pain. It looks awsome.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scheetz83

I totally screwed up. I was going to take pics of the whole process for the headlights.... then i forgot

But here is a quicky

1) to pull the headlight you need to pull the whole front bumper cover off

a) 3 screw in the lower front of each wheel well

b) you should be able to pop the lower splash guard out from behind the lip on the bumper

c) pull the splash guard toward the tire so you can reach behind (it helps to position the wheels ether far left or right depending on side) and you will see 2 nuts that need to be removed

d) last the 2 bolts on the top of the grille posts

e) disconnect the side marker lights and pull the cover off

2) pull the 3 bolts holding the headlight on and disconnect the bulb

3) now the tricky part. I used a regular heat gun to heat the out side edge up. there are 4 clips that are around their out side edge of the lexan, i just snapped them off.(i got tired of fighting with them)

4) with the aid of the heat gun i slowly heated the edge up then i used a small screw driver to apply pressure and tried to pry it off. once the small screwdriver did all it could i progressed to a lager one, I went through 4 sizes before i sucssesfuly got it off.

Note:: this will chew the edge of the lights up But is what i did once they where back together i took a soldering iron and melted the edge all the why around the lexan and housing. not a factory look but it look pretty good

5)once you get the lexan off you will be probably as shocked as i was to find out that the inner bucket, the part with the louvers comes out. Look at the seal channel there are 4 areas in which the bucket is glued in I got a really small screw driver and it poped out no problem

6) paint

7) clean the seal channel really good i used a screw driver also it may help to heat it up but be careful, if you heat it up to much your screw driver my poke a hole through it

8) to seal them back up go out and buy about 5-6 bar claps. I went cheap. figure out how you are going to clamp it back together and even do it a few times prior to gluing. YOU DONT WANT TO SCREW THIS UP AND HAVE FOG LIGHTS. AND NOT THE GT KIND

8) I used a BLACK RTV ADHESIVE sealant. Sqeez the glue in to the channel (2 people need) dont fill it all the way up about 3/4 then take a screw driver and run it through the channel spreading it from side to side so both walls have glue on them then add glue where you think it need it.

9) take you freshly painted part and put back in add glue to 4 the tabs.

10) put the lexan back on CLAMP, but dont crack it let set for 24hrs and reassemble

also make sure you clean the headlights inside and the inside of the lexan prior ot reassemble

hope this helps Street seanse has a PDF on there web site for installing there front fasceia it has a back down on pulling the bumper also

if you guys need any more help let me know

well i need to go back to work now befor i get found out
later all
it is a pain but i think it was worth it!!!!!

let me know if you need any more pointers