Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

any throttle bodies for 05 v6 mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:23 AM
jebrewni
1st Gear Member

Default any throttle bodies for 05 v6 mustang.

anyone know of any v6 2005 mustang throttle bodies out there?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:46 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: any throttle bodies for 05 v6 mustang.

I don't believe there's one out yet
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

There is now!!! Check out V6mustangstuff.com. MMR is producing one that will be available soon. They are selling it for $60.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR_WoMBaT

There is now!!! Check out V6mustangstuff.com. MMR is producing one that will be available soon. They are selling it for $60.
It's a throttle body spacer not an actual throttle body...
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

Doh![>:] Sorry, you are definitely correct. I read the post quickly and thought it was for the spacers. Just got excited.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:03 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Would a bigger TB hurt the car If you did'nt have a SC? I mean We have a bunch of air coming in through the cold air intake and we got a good open outtake with the dual exhaust or single. So my question is if we added a bigger TB would the car be to open with out a forced induction such as a Turbo or Supercharger?

Which brings me to another question, with all this air coming in CAI,TB,Dual EXhaust,SC would you need to do something to even out the fuel ratio? Like right now for instence, I have a CAI True Dual Exhaust. If I added a bigger TB would I need to do something to give my engine more fuel as when I gave it more air? Cause don't you haft to have a good Fuel ratio if you have a lot of air intake? Do they sort that out once you get your car tuned and dyno? Would you need to change out the Fuel Injectors if you added a SC?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:18 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Would a bigger TB hurt the car If you did'nt have a SC? I mean We have a bunch of air coming in through the cold air intake and we got a good open outtake with the dual exhaust or single. So my question is if we added a bigger TB would the car be to open with out a forced induction such as a Turbo or Supercharger?

Which brings me to another question, with all this air coming in CAI,TB,Dual EXhaust,SC would you need to do something to even out the fuel ratio? Like right now for instence, I have a CAI True Dual Exhaust. If I added a bigger TB would I need to do something to give my engine more fuel as when I gave it more air? Cause don't you haft to have a good Fuel ratio if you have a lot of air intake? Do they sort that out once you get your car tuned and dyno? Would you need to change out the Fuel Injectors if you added a SC?
A tuner and a professional tune will sort this out, and get you max gains. A professional/dyno will monitor your air flow and they will make the necessary adjustments.