Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Road Magnet Springs PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:41 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default Road Magnet Springs PICS!!

So as many of you know i got my car lowered through a company prototyping their springs, and i got it back yesterday and it was too dark to take pics even though i tried. I went out and took pics this morning, and here they are:

so, unfortunatly it rained last night so my rotors are rusty and the pics are kinda funny lookin, but what the hell, you get the idea

if any of you are interested, the springs are "Road Magnet" brand and should be on the market within the next 6 months. I couldnt help you with a price, becasue mine were the prototype and as such, cost free to me. They keep the car level around turns and hugs turns faster and tighter than before. The springs (they arent yet, but when i get the production springs they will be) are powder coated an "electric" blue color, but who cares- you dont really see your springs anyway, especially when you lowere it. My springs are a 1.2 inch drop in the front 1" drop in the back... production will be 1.2 all around. They designed the springs to have a equal or better ride than stock with stock shocks/struts, and i'd have to agree- about the same in a line, better in corners.

Clearance: no issue, i cleared speed bumps at the same speeds i took them before, i hit bumps in the road (so much construction goin on around here- its rediculous) and i can get it up that nasty curb to my driveway. Great springs!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Road Magnet Springs PICS!!

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

So as many of you know i got my car lowered through a company prototyping their springs, and i got it back yesterday and it was too dark to take pics even though i tried. I went out and took pics this morning, and here they are:

so, unfortunatly it rained last night so my rotors are rusty and the pics are kinda funny lookin, but what the hell, you get the idea

if any of you are interested, the springs are "Road Magnet" brand and should be on the market within the next 6 months. I couldnt help you with a price, becasue mine were the prototype and as such, cost free to me. They keep the car level around turns and hugs turns faster and tighter than before. The springs (they arent yet, but when i get the production springs they will be) are powder coated an "electric" blue color, but who cares- you dont really see your springs anyway, especially when you lowere it. My springs are a 1.2 inch drop in the front 1" drop in the back... production will be 1.2 all around. They designed the springs to have a equal or better ride than stock with stock shocks/struts, and i'd have to agree- about the same in a line, better in corners.

Clearance: no issue, i cleared speed bumps at the same speeds i took them before, i hit bumps in the road (so much construction goin on around here- its rediculous) and i can get it up that nasty curb to my driveway. Great springs!
Cool man, thanks for this! So how about ride comfort, still good? Or a little more rough?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:42 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

eh, i'd have to say its about the same... even in bumps and stuff... only noticable difference is curves
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 PM
stang13
1st Gear Member

Whats the spring rate for the springs? Ionno bout you guys but i have a spring rate of 260 from my cm motorsports springs (teins and eibachs have around 170) and a grain of sand felt like a boulder, haha. I took them off.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:40 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i have no idea but the ride quality is consistant with stock ride quality... the drop was so little that it looks better, maintains usage of shocks/struts... and a bit better handling and less swaying in turns