Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It's a v6 after all

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:02 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: It's a v6 after all

whoops... forgot the pic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/15012/99F542F3A8654BB49F102FD79C35642A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Gee, that must had been back in the good old days when you could still drive on the Oregon beaches.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

whoops... forgot the pic...

[IMG]local://upfiles/15012/99F542F3A8654BB49F102FD79C35642A.jpg[/IMG]
Beautiful car man! And I love those wheels. Hmmm, I might need some retro looking wheels on mine.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:15 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

you can still drive on WA ocean beaches.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:20 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Even then, you couldn't drive on most beaches... but, I found one that day and went for it... There's nothing like going 80 at water's edge! I'll have to find a beach in Washington! I'm not far at all!

Those wheels were American Racing... probably why I went with the same brand again!

Old 01-21-2006, 11:28 PM
GT05

I agree with making your V6 faster, but when I see or hear someone talking about getting the grill and foglights from a V8, that's crossing the line. I'd rather be supprised by a V6 (obvious appearance) with a turbo, than see a "V8" (really a 6) and get let down. IMO, it gives the GT's a bad name.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:44 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT05

I agree with making your V6 faster, but when I see or hear someone talking about getting the grill and foglights from a V8, that's crossing the line. I'd rather be supprised by a V6 (obvious appearance) with a turbo, than see a "V8" (really a 6) and get let down. IMO, it gives the GT's a bad name.
I'd have to disagree with you, I've seen a bunch of GT's with GT 350, Boss and GT500 emblems and body changes to reflect these retro stangs. The fog lights are why I got the GT bumper, and I stand by that, especially since so many people think the pony package is a GT. Nothing wrong with wanting fog lights, thats what is great about the stang community, the ability to personalize your car. I go by emblems myself, though I took my cheap *** 4.0 emblems off. I am still in search of the perfect emblems, looking for some retro running horse emblems.

I mean c'mon, anyone that hears my magnaflows will know it's a six. I know GT's that shave off the emblems and put in a V6 style grill, it goes both ways. Sorry, simply can't agree on this one.

PS. Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the discussions here.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

You'll notice I've done everything possible to keep mine looking like a V6, except for the mustang side stripe... I've even still got a single exhaust (all though this may change in my quest for a better sound... LOL) So I guess you know that I agree with you on that item! And with the Zex there's no tell-tale whistling so hopefully you'll be really surprised! LOL!

Now... I bought my 05 Mustang strictly for it's looks and more importantly it's color... I've always wanted a yellow mustang... I had a black 02 GT Vert... sorry, I just couldn't do Zinc Yellow... Now I tend to be that when I want something I want it NOW... so when I bought my V6 the GTs were still being really marked up... I will never pay over MSRP for a car... period.. So I opted for the V6 on X-Plan.. which means it would have cost me at least $8,000 more for a GT... Could have easily afforded it but like I said I wasn't paying over sticker... So everyone compliments me on my car and suggest I take it to the local car shows... something I've never done... Had a blast doing that all summer... however after the 1,000,000th time hearing "you should have bought a GT" I decided to make my car faster than a GT, which meant running the 1/4 in better than 13.5! So I am one of the few that said "I will be faster than a stock GT!" I viewed it as a challenge! So now the car has gone 13.41... (if you look a most stock GTs they seem to run more like upper 13s...) I can honestly say I'm faster than a stock GT... And I did it for less money than what it would have cost me to buy the GT!!! And I have a very unique, personalized vehicle... and I'm having an absolute blast doing it! More than likely if I had bought the GT it would have stayed 100% stock... I would have missed out on joys of Modding!!!

Can't wait for the car show season to start agan... Last year when say "you should have bought a GT" I simply smiled... Now I get to say "Why? I'm faster... and it was less money...." Maybe childish... but then again I'm a kid at heart! LOL!

Old 01-22-2006, 12:36 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

You'll notice I've done everything possible to keep mine looking like a V6, except for the mustang side stripe... I've even still got a single exhaust (all though this may change in my quest for a better sound... LOL) So I guess you know that I agree with you on that item! And with the Zex there's no tell-tale whistling so hopefully you'll be really surprised! LOL!

Now... I bought my 05 Mustang strictly for it's looks and more importantly it's color... I've always wanted a yellow mustang... I had a black 02 GT Vert... sorry, I just couldn't do Zinc Yellow... Now I tend to be that when I want something I want it NOW... so when I bought my V6 the GTs were still being really marked up... I will never pay over MSRP for a car... period.. So I opted for the V6 on X-Plan.. which means it would have cost me at least $8,000 more for a GT... Could have easily afforded it but like I said I wasn't paying over sticker... So everyone compliments me on my car and suggest I take it to the local car shows... something I've never done... Had a blast doing that all summer... however after the 1,000,000th time hearing "you should have bought a GT" I decided to make my car faster than a GT, which meant running the 1/4 in better than 13.5! So I am one of the few that said "I will be faster than a stock GT!" I viewed it as a challenge! So now the car has gone 13.41... (if you look a most stock GTs they seem to run more like upper 13s...) I can honestly say I'm faster than a stock GT... And I did it for less money than what it would have cost me to buy the GT!!! And I have a very unique, personalized vehicle... and I'm having an absolute blast doing it! More than likely if I had bought the GT it would have stayed 100% stock... I would have missed out on joys of Modding!!!

Can't wait for the car show season to start agan... Last year when say "you should have bought a GT" I simply smiled... Now I get to say "Why? I'm faster... and it was less money...." Maybe childish... but then again I'm a kid at heart! LOL!

I wouldn't worry about it Scrming. Check his profile, then follow his past 6 posts. He just traded up to a GT from a V6, created a new screen name and has been trolling the forums and bashing the 6's. He event put up a post in the GT section trying to get some GT owners all fired up about 6's with GT take offs.

If he has something constuctive to say, I'll listen, but so far he has just been stiring the pot.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:36 AM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

Long Beach and Ocean Shores are two beaches you can drive on.