Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TELL THE INSURANCE CO???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: TELL THE INSURANCE CO???

i hate insurance..... i wish they would give you your money back if nothing happened the entire year
Old 02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

i mean they can, but chances are the guy who shows up to look at your car if it does get wrecked isnt going to know much about performance mods, or isnt really going to care anyway. For instance, he isnt going to check the gears to see if they are aftermarket or not, and probably isnt going to check out your diagnostics system to see if its been tuned. I wouldnt worry about it unless its some kind of obvious body mod or something that is drastically different, such as a supercharger.

will
Old 02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

CAI = Lifetime Air Filter
Fog Lights = Better illumination when I'm going the speed limit Mr. Adjuster
Chasing Tail Lights = Better Illumination (3 lamps on when braking rather than stock 2 lamps)
Stripe(s) = I won't speed... I don't need to now, see the car already looks like it's moving fast!
Dual Exhaust = LOUDER so cops can find the car if it gets stolen
Bigger Wheels/tires = Better fuel economy == lower mileage per year === better premiums
Tuner = Better fuel economy == I am a very responsible driver

Supercharger = I Need to do something for myself... everything else I've done for the insurance company
Old 02-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

lol - Nitrous Tank: extra rearend collision protection
Old 02-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

Actually get this:

My fiance at the time spun a 180 in my cobra and broke the axel and busted my stock rims on a median. Yeah, ouch. You know what I did? I called my insurance to see if I could have them appraise the damage. I then went out and bought the stuff I wanted. Since I had to mess with the rear end, I decided to change the springs, the gears, and exhaust (flowmasters with off-road x pipe). Of course the rim was damaged, so I did the only thing I could do, buy 4 cobra r rims. haha. All said and done, I took pictures of it finished, and sent them to the insurance ageny along with reciepts (reciepts of parts that could possibly be damaged from the accident). I did all the labor myself, so I had my friend write the labor reciept. He helped some so it really was legal (i hope). The insurance agency cut me a check, shorted me some, but really, I took advantage of a bad situation.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

haha....... well floppy........ u are very considerate and im sure the insurance companies would love to show their appreciation with about $800 more a year

let me know about the proposition i made u the other day man.

will
Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I talked to my insurance agent a lot about my mods since I have a fair amount of money tied up in them... He told me as long as they are not a safety issue, like a "Seat Belt Delete" kit, the company had no problems with my mod... and if i had reciepts they would pay to replace... So even if I add $10,000 rims to my car and the car was totaled, as long as I had the reciept it was covered... with no change in my premium..... now going to the track i think is a very different story! LOL!!!

Old 02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: will_c

Just humor me here, but how many of you let your insurance company know about all the mods you do to your car?

will
I tell them if I do expensive mods because if anything happens to the car, you either want your mods paid for or you want to be able to get thtme off the wreck (lots of places won't let you do that).

Also, if my rims happen to be stolen or the car is stolen, I don't want them replacing them with stock rims.