Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Philsy

Default What to do

Hello all,
Heres my delema I have a grand to spend and not sure what to get???? my car is a 2006 mustang v6. totaly stock.so any idea's would be great. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do

ORIGINAL: Philsy

Hello all,
Heres my delema I have a grand to spend and not sure what to get???? my car is a 2006 mustang v6. totaly stock.so any idea's would be great. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.
My personal recommendations...

SCT X-Cal2/C&L CAI package from Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com)... Give them a call...
MRT single axle-back exhaust (www.mrt-direct.com)... Give them a call...

That will be under $1K... the difference to your car will be a night and day difference!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Philsy

sounds good I went to Alternative Autos web site but did not see the tuner and c&l intake kit package. do you know what it goes for ?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

sounds good I went to Alternative Autos web site but did not see the tuner and c&l intake kit package. do you know what it goes for ?
I'm not 100% sure what the final price is on the combo... best bet is to give them a call... Make sure they know it's the "combo" price... if you have any questions ask for Lidio... (you'll probably have to leave a message but he will call you back!)

Old 02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Philsy

I was also pondering the t-loc and 3.73 or 4.10's what would work better for an auto? I see most went with 3.73's but just FYI this car is my toy it sits in my garage I drive maybe ounce a week weather permiting...has not seen rain yet.....and only 1000 miles on it never even had to wash it yet only the weekly dusting.What can I say the wifes good to me.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I was also pondering the t-loc and 3.73 or 4.10's what would work better for an auto? I see most went with 3.73's but just FYI this car is my toy it sits in my garage I drive maybe ounce a week weather permiting...has not seen rain yet.....and only 1000 miles on it never even had to wash it yet only the weekly dusting.What can I say the wifes good to me.
If you don't plan on putting a power-adder on, don't mind a little higher RPM on the highway and you like going from stop light to stop light with extreme vigor.... than the 4.10s are the way to go! LOL! They are an absolute blast around town...
Old 02-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Bamachips sells the combo for $650. Either Bamachips or Alternative would do you right I'm sure.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Philsy

have you changed you ratio? and if so too what ratio? I can do the rear myself so I'll save some cash there.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

have you changed you ratio? and if so too what ratio? I can do the rear myself so I'll save some cash there.
scrming has 4.10s.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Philsy

Thanks for all the help guy's I'll let you know what I decide to do..