Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HOWDIE~!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: HOWDIE~!!!

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

yeah my dad told me abot the sand bags, but that'll drop my speed. I do plan to get a LSD
LOL. You don't need speed in the snow.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

i know, but where i live, iit varies on how much snow we have each winter, sometimes we'll have a **** ton, others we wont. So far this winter we've had a bunch of 65 degree days.....my point is it would be a pain in the *** to keep taking em out and puttin em in all winter. The light snow that i was talking about lasted that night....when i got up the next morning it was all gone.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

oh btw... my TCS kicked in for the first time- all it does it shoot your RPM's down when the wheel slips. a little disapointed with you ford....
Is this true? My TCS seems to shift power to the wheel that has traction... could be just in my mind, though!

What's the benefit of adding an LSD if I already have the TCS?

As for my experience driving in the snow, the Mustang handles about as well as other (front-wheel drive) cars I've driven before. I learned to drive in a squeaky-braked '91 Dodge Caravan in the middle of a New England winter, so snow has never really bothered me. It's that black ice ya gotta watch out for! Mostly, I just drive slowly and let the engine help braking well in advance of any turns...

And of course, finding a deserted parking lot and turning off the TCS makes for some terrific slides!

Oh, one more thing. This is the first manual car I've owned; I read that it's actually easier to start in 2nd gear on ice or snow because the tires won't spin as easily. Good advice?

Tim

Old 02-12-2006, 07:35 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

I took out my stang after the plow came by and I went for a drive around the block. The TT with the Dunlop M3's and 200lbs of sand in the rear make this car a night and day comparison now. I had virtually no problem and felt I had more control in it than in my wifes 4x4 I took out after. I actually had a neighbor ask me " Is this stang a front wheel drive ?" LOL The Dunlops are AMAZING!! We had almost 15" of snow [:@]. hopefully it'll allmelt by mid week.

My wifes truck actually almost did a complete 180 when I was turning into the driveway. The Dunlops gripped the driveway without and problem and I drove it right in. The TT also helps by not having just one tire get you stuck on a little drift. I definitly recommend the Dunlops if u have to drive in the snow / slush. I actually felt more confident driving the stang than the 4wd

Well worth the $$
Old 02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

yeah my dad told me abot the sand bags, but that'll drop my speed. I do plan to get a LSD
ROFL!! i would love to see you speeding down the highway in snowy weather and wipe the f*#k out into a barrier for being stupid enough to drive fast in the snow/ice. take it slow and easy... you have a mustang which is fun-- ON DRY PAVEMENT!!

if you werck it now you wont have anything to have fun in this summer

BTW i think the car isnt all that bad in the snow... i dont use all the nifty little tricks you do, i dont have sand bags, true trac, or new tires. My mom told me to take her Acura TL out becasue its FWD and i had a harder time in that then in my car. If your not an idiot you can drive a mustang with power to one wheel in the snow easily. I"m only 16 and i'm doin fine thus far, and i'v had the car for half a year now and havent wrecked it so i'm not like the other stupid 16 year olds... and also i'm payin for my car so dont call me spoiled!

and SCREAMINGYELLIN6 do you live in northern MD? we got 15" here too...
Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Long Island - we got slammed with snow too [:@]
Old 02-13-2006, 03:25 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

lol, read my later post. I don't speed when theres snow, but the weather is so varied here during the winter, it would be a pain to use sand bags. The night that it snowed and i was sliding all over the place, was just that night. The next morning it was all gone. It snowed like hell the past 2 days, thick flakes that would make you say "schools cancled tommorow"....none of it stuck cause its to warm. We've litteraly had 3 65 degree days since november, and i live in Illinois. I would litteraly be putting in the bags for a few hours and taking em out again. Right now its great outside, the stars are shining and the ground is clear.....i wouldn't be suprised to wake up to a blanket of snow and ice only to see it all gone by 1 in the afternoon.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Like778
2nd Gear Member

ok don't hate on me, but Panama City, Fl, no snow, but it is like 38, really cold, please be nice.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:17 AM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

well if they hate u theyll hate me...

...In palm springs its about 85, but it does get over 100 in the summer[:@]
Old 02-13-2006, 04:24 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

i could deal with it...thats what air conditioning is for.

My idea of ideal weather

Jan. 2-Nov. 1 .......75+ weather

Nov. 1-Jan. 2.......winter with snow from dec. 1-dec. 25.

what can i say, im a christmas junkie

Quick Reply: HOWDIE~!!!