Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas tank recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Gas tank recall

so basically the problem with filling up is say its filling and it makes it think its like full and it stops pumping?
cuase sometimes i fill and it just stops and i gotta stand there and its like im rounding it off to the nearest gallon and keep clicking the lever..
Old 03-14-2006, 08:00 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

the only problem i had was when i went to binghamton (sp?) newyork for motocross.. i had to fill up at some stations down there.. and everytime i went to fill up it shut off half tank [:@] im not familiar with american gas stations, i thought it was maybe hte clerk shutting my tank off, seeing how i had ontario liscence plates... (lol like i was gonna drive off without paying... i might as well shoot myself lol)

here in ontario no problems at all!! except this one ultramar station which i always go to cuz its always cheaper than everywhere else, my problem there is that their auto shut off doesnt always work.. and then you gas pouring all over the side of your car and on the ground.... then you wipe it off and you smell like gas
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Taratunafish

Ok guys, since I'm new here and this is the V6 specific section, does this gas tank thing affect filling up the V8s? I've experienced the shut off thing years ago with another car, but it was with one gas station. I'm not fond of standing at the tank babysitting the pump with those fumes going up my nose and I'm not thrilled with the idea of gasoline on my shoes!! I'm looking to order my car at the end of this month and I want to avoid as many problems as I can!!

-Taratunafish

Old 03-14-2006, 10:02 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Taratunafish

Ok guys, since I'm new here and this is the V6 specific section, does this gas tank thing affect filling up the V8s? I've experienced the shut off thing years ago with another car, but it was with one gas station. I'm not fond of standing at the tank babysitting the pump with those fumes going up my nose and I'm not thrilled with the idea of gasoline on my shoes!! I'm looking to order my car at the end of this month and I want to avoid as many problems as I can!!

-Taratunafish

yes, it was a problem with the 6 and the 8 both. However, it has been resolved on a roll forward basis so you should not have this issue, or the other TSB. Here is a complete list of TSB's (thanks to Afixer!)

http://2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=2325
Old 03-14-2006, 10:23 AM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

how does one turn the pump upside down
Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol... im used to the fumes... i used 2 fuel jets.... falcons, challengers,gulfstreams... etc and 100 low lead aircraft

-Taratunafish

Old 03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

lol... im used to the fumes... i used 2 fuel jets.... falcons, challengers,gulfstreams... etc and 100 low lead aircraft

-Taratunafish

i run 110 octane leaded jet fuel in my bike i got the port and tell them im building a cesna and i need 30L of fuel to test the engine