West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

looking for GOOD dealer service in L.A. anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:16 AM
blarg

Default looking for GOOD dealer service in L.A. anyone?

hey, I'm completely fed up with my local Ford dealer, Midway Ford. Their people come across as completely incompetent. The last straw was when last week I walked and asked to have my LSD clutch pack replaced as per the TSB.

They told me I'd have to leave the car for A LEAST 5 days, and that was just so they could "confirm that my VIN qualifies for the TSB, and that the car is actually exhibiting the problem". When I told them I was able to confirm that I qualify in 10 minutes using nothing but the internet with no access to Ford's database, which I'm sure makes the job much easier, I was informed that it's their policy to do this to "discourage customers with minor squeaks and groans from bringing their vehicles in for free repairs". Then, I pointed out that something in my doors rattles under some driving conditions (I believe there's a TSB regarding this also), and the tech said "well, we'll take it apart if you want us to and have a look, but I can't guarantee that we won't make it worse".

So...basically first they said they don't believe me that my car has problems documented by Ford to real and common enough to put out a TSB, then informed me that they have a policy in place to discourage people from requesting warranty repairs, and then to add insult to injury, they told me that if the do perform the service, they might make the problems worse.

I love the car, but this dealer is about to ensure that my next car will be a Camaro, only because the service department is terrible.

Is there a GOOD service department somewhere in L.A. where I can get some warranty work done without worrying about my car being WORSE off when I get it back and where the service people aren't a bunch of jackasses? Help a brother out, eh?

Oh yeah, I have an 06 Mustang GT
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: looking for GOOD dealer service in L.A. anyone?

how many miles on the car?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 AM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Wow, that sucks. I bought my car at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. It was a good experience, and then for the first few maintenance I took it in and they were good about that. I even had the CAI on, they were cool with that. They are usually helpful and nice, but I haven't had warranty or TSB work done on it so I can't say how they would be with that. Maybe you could call them and just speak to them over the phone ot get a feel for them. I do still need to take it in for the Air Bag recall.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
blarg

just under 13000, but I've had these problems since day 1. I've been there several times, and every time, they either tried to convince me that everything was normal, or that they didn't hear the noises I was claiming to have heard...this was before the TSB's came out.

oh, and don't even get me started on the airbag recall...long story short - they had to go look it up and keep me waiting for 20 minutes because they hadn't heard about it...and of course they'd need my car for 5 days...

I have to show up in person and appear to be really pissed off to get any answers. When I call them regarding any of these matters, they put me on hold, and 20 minutes later, I hear a "click" and a dial tone.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

I got my car at galpin. They are really cool there and I have a guy that helps me out. The service people were next to incompetent (lost my car for a while because they didn't know it was over at GAS) but the work was pretty good and only took a day. They are in the San Fernando Valley so its a little bit of a drive. I'll probably go back just because my local dealership, Power Ford Torrance, is one of the worst car dealerships I have ever been to.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:52 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Got to Hollywood Ford. My uncles place.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 PM
BlueDevil
1st Gear Member

Pasadena Ford is good as well. I've taken both my 06 V-6 and 05 GT there. (Just have the GT now.) I hada slight rattle on the V-6. They put it up on the lift with one guy driving and another looking underneath and were able to find what was causing the problem. No BS from them. They took it seriously. I had a TSB repair done on the GT. They were happy that I brought the TSB with me and took my advice first and investigated the TSB with no complaint. They are also a Roush dealer, so they have quite a few Roush mustangs on the lot that are fun to look at.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
blarg

cool! I can do Pasadena. My sister lives there so I can work out a ride. I don't expect a loaner car for warrany repairs, thought it would be nice if I got one.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
blarg

just a followup - I went to Pasadena Ford. The service was top notch. They didn't treat me like an idiot who was trying to scam free service out of them. They KNEW about the issues I was having with my car, didn't deny that these problems existed, or act like they'd never heard of such rediculous things. They also didn't threaten me by saying that they'd work on them, but they couldn't assure me that the problem wouldn't get worse.

Furthermore, they had all the parts in stock! I got a call later the same day notifying me that my car would be ready to be picked up the next morning, and they performed another TSB service I didn't request, but they noticed that my front end had the problem.

So...in 1 day they:

1) replaced my LSD clutch back
2) eliminated the passanger's door rattle
3) perfomed the airbag reflash
4) replaced front-end bushings
5) replaced a tail light that was out (yeah, I know not a big deal, but they could have easily ignored it)

...and even washed and vacuumed my car.

When I told them that I anticipated the repairs taking a week (because the other dealers told me so) I scheduled this service while I was out of town for a week, they even held on to the car until I came back.

What a contrast between these guys and Midway and Hollywood Ford! That's how you win over new customers.