West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

The Midnight Run Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:49 AM
neckstrap
1st Gear Member

Default The Midnight Run Rally

I am posting this for the ITN Rally Team. Please see our website at itnrally.org. This message is from the RallyMaster for the June 26/27 event:

This is Joe from ITN. I just finished a full pre-run of the course for Midnight Run, and this is the best collection of roads we've ever had on a rally. Seriously. Most are wide open type roads, with big, sweeping turns. There are few short pieces of twisty stuff thrown in. There are some long runs following rivers, turns gently flowing back and forth. There are farmlands, mountains, canyons and creeks. There is one incredible "tunnel of trees" that goes for over 20 miles.

You see, the reason we go all night is so we can have these roads to ourselves. There really is nothing else like it. And 12 hours is short. Really short. I was just watching my video of the 1965 Alpine Rally. There were only 2 stages. Stage one was 25 hours long. Stage 2 was 28 hours long. 8 hour break in between. Like I said, 12 hours is short.

If you can be there, you will see what we mean. Staying up all night, pushing the car to the max the whole way, has a mind-altering effect. It will transfigure your reality. In a good way. You and your rally partner will never forget the experience. It is truly epic, in the real sense of the term epic.

So I'm offering something special to all MustangForums members. Print this post and bring it to registration and we will WAIVE the entry fee. That's right, we're inviting you to run this rally for FREE.

Just send an email to carzero@aol.com by June 15 and we'll guarantee your entry. Don't miss this one.