Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

17's and 18's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:24 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default 17's and 18's?

I'm looking at adding wider wheels and tires to the rear of my 06 Mustang GT. Right now I have the 17 x 8 stock Anthracite Bullitts. I was going to step up to the 17 x 10's in the rear, and keeping the stock fronts (as I'm on a budget). I was wondering however, if it would be possible to run the stock 17's in the front, and upgrade to 18 x 10's in the rear, and run a lower profile in the rear. Would it work, and what sizes would I need to even the car height out? (I was looking at keeping stock or close to stock tire size in the front, and 285/40/18's in the rear) Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. The only reason I'm considering this is because it seems easier to find wider tires in 18".
Old 11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 17's and 18's?

No help or even opinions on this? I've been doing some more research, and I think my best bet may be just to go with corresponding tire diameter on both front and make, even with the different tire size. So I guess what I'm asking now is, is there anyone out there with a staggered fitment like this? Is this feasible, and what would the pros and cons be?