Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

footwell lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alec231236

Love you too
you know we got that brotherly, furthest from homo, love goin haha
Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 AM
BlackArmor

Thanks guys.
tdurham19- Since I think the question was actually for me, I just replaced my maplights with blue LEDs. Under the seat/footwell is a separate kit.

Also btw bluestang I was 17 when I put those in and it was just me and my 20 year old brother. Its not too complicated.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:51 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tdurham19
whtnblk.GT, are those just blue bulbs in the over head consul lights or is that a whole new light all together?
It's actually not mine, it's BlackArmor's - I wish though.

BlackArmor - What are some of the features from the control box for your interior light kit? Also, got a picture of it? Thanks.

Last edited by whtnblk.GT; 09-17-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:15 PM
BlackArmor

First off I want you to be aware that I found the same kit I have for a lot cheaper at http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-...hting-Kit.aspx . That one also has 7 different colors whereas mine is just blue. Shoooot...

The control box has an on/off button, a switch modes button, and a pause button (which I never use). There are 7 modes I believe: 3 different levels of brightness, 3 fading speeds (every 30, 20, 10 seconds or something like that) and one music mode, the lights will strobe to the bass of the music (more bass = faster strobe). It also has a sensitivity dial on the side of the box for the music mode so you can make it just right for any song.

Here is the box (the flash messed up the surface)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is one LED strip under the drivers footwell

And two under each seat. I used zipties and painters tape to make sure they didn't wiggle around.

Hope that helps
Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackArmor
First off I want you to be aware that I found the same kit I have for a lot cheaper at http://www.ledunderbody.com/7-Color-...hting-Kit.aspx . That one also has 7 different colors whereas mine is just blue. Shoooot...

The control box has an on/off button, a switch modes button, and a pause button (which I never use). There are 7 modes I believe: 3 different levels of brightness, 3 fading speeds (every 30, 20, 10 seconds or something like that) and one music mode, the lights will strobe to the bass of the music (more bass = faster strobe). It also has a sensitivity dial on the side of the box for the music mode so you can make it just right for any song.

Here is the box (the flash messed up the surface)

Here is one LED strip under the drivers footwell

And two under each seat. I used zipties and painters tape to make sure they didn't wiggle around.

Hope that helps
It does help. I see those three buttons, but where do you find the 7 modes feature? Also, if I buy this from ledunderbody.com, is there a feature that I can leave just a color on and not having it to change different colors?

The way I see you hook up your lights, that's going to help me when it comes to installing these leds. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
BlackArmor

whtnblkgt- The middle button cycles through the 7 modes. I don't know much about the 7-color kit, I assume if there was no other way to cycle through the colors then you could just press the pause button when the color you want comes up. I don't think they would sell a kit that wouldn't allow you to choose your own color but you never know.

Also I have 6 LED strips total in my setup so i could get light coverage all the way around the sides and back of my seats.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:30 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackArmor
whtnblkgt- The middle button cycles through the 7 modes. I don't know much about the 7-color kit, I assume if there was no other way to cycle through the colors then you could just press the pause button when the color you want comes up. I don't think they would sell a kit that wouldn't allow you to choose your own color but you never know.

Also I have 6 LED strips total in my setup so i could get light coverage all the way around the sides and back of my seats.
Gotcha. I'll have to check into 7-color kit. Thanks for your help with information on this.

WhtNBlk.GT
Old 10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
MattS93
1st Gear Member

Where does the wire from the tube under the seats go? Im realllyyyy confused at how to wire all this up.. i dont want a bunch of wires laying around. I also want to rig it such that the lights come on when I open the doors..