Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > 2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Thinroyy

Default Aftermarket lighting wiring

So I just recently got myself a 2005 Mustang, and I'm in love. I am, however, looking for some extra personalization. I'm looking into installing under-dash LEDS in both the driver and passenger side foot-wells, but I've ran into a problem with the wiring. I want to run them into a switch which I'll have in the center console, but I don't know where I could tap their power nor their ground into. Could anyone who has done this before help me out, and if possible post pictures of your own set up? It'll be much appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Thinroyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
danzcool
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 GT

There is wiring under the center console, if you want a switch and to manually control when it is on, then tap into the wire for the power outlet in your center console (it is always on and available). I tapped into one of the other wires that is only on when the lights are on and didn't bother with a switch, that wire is also available under the center console, I don't recall which colors I used, but it's easy to figure out with a multimeter.

danzcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Esch
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, Ford, Mustang

Check my post here from a few years back. Hope that helps!
Mods: Roush: CAI, Extreme exhaust, Stage 2 suspension, UDP, STB, LCAs, Forged wheels, Shifter, Billet pedals... BAMA tune, BBK shorty headers, Prothane MMs, BMR panhard bar & brace, J&M camber plates, DSS driveshaft, BMR loop, CHE Brace w/ TL, UPR catch can, Ambient lighting, Push-button start, Gen5 tail lights, CDC deck lid, Mirror covers, Shorty antenna, GDM console & head rest covers, SHR satin interior pieces & chrome fuel door, Tint
Esch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
bar, led, light, red, wells