Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Mustang GT issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Miracle
1st Gear Member

Default 2005 Mustang GT issues?

Is there anything I should be aware of in way of weak points, issues, or trouble spots on the new Mustangs?

The things I have noticed since last night, when I picked up the car...

-- "choppy", or "rough" getting the gear shifter in the right gear at lower speeds, like in a parking lot, from 1-2, or 2-1.
-- Synchro whine in first gear is pretty obvious
-- Driver seat rocks slightly.

Are these things normal for these Mustangs, or should I take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it for me while I still have the warranty from the factory...

I may just be paranoid, but I am used to my old Honda, and it's just REALLY different.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:42 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Mustang GT issues?

Are you sure you are in the right car? Maybe you should have gone for a BM<W or Mercedes. Most people drive this car because they like driving, and don't care about 1-2 little things. If I had a GT right now I know I wouldn't be on a message board complaining, I would be out driving!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Miracle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

Are you sure you are in the right car? Maybe you should have gone for a BM<W or Mercedes. Most people drive this car because they like driving, and don't care about 1-2 little things. If I had a GT right now I know I wouldn't be on a message board complaining, I would be out driving!
Well, it is my first "sports" car, and I want it to be perfect... and was just wondering if I am just being paranoid, or if these are common issues at all.

I LOVE driving, but I have ADHD, so I worry about little petty things. Maybe it is just me.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:07 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miracle

Is there anything I should be aware of in way of weak points, issues, or trouble spots on the new Mustangs?

The things I have noticed since last night, when I picked up the car...

-- "choppy", or "rough" getting the gear shifter in the right gear at lower speeds, like in a parking lot, from 1-2, or 2-1.
-- Synchro whine in first gear is pretty obvious
-- Driver seat rocks slightly.

Are these things normal for these Mustangs, or should I take it to the dealer and have them take a look at it for me while I still have the warranty from the factory...

I may just be paranoid, but I am used to my old Honda, and it's just REALLY different.
Just to let you know, the shifting is normal...it takes a few trips to get use to....Have Fun
Old 12-02-2006, 07:38 PM
James Cole
1st Gear Member

Miracle,

We my friend are in the same boat... I just got a 06 Mustang GT with 1.5k miles on the clock, pretty much brand new, and I currently have in my garage a 2006 BMW 330i, 2002 Q45, and had a 2004 Accord Coupe V6 that was replaced by this Mustang, let me tell you all about it:

I purchased this mustang to help out a friend of mine that was in need for $$$ I made and offer and he accepted, the new gen mustangs always caught my attention but never to the point of going to the dealer and buy one. I always tought that ford made cheap, ugly and for all I care cars that in 2 years of service were ready to be thrown in the trash can, so when in the market to buy a new car I never even glanced at ford, chevy or chrysler.

My first tought when I got the mustang was SELL IT!!! The engine vibration was very noticeable, not a smooth ride, the rear suspension was for the lack of a better word FATAL, the drivetrain is an orchestra of noises and whistles, the hard plastics on the interior look cheap, the engine is very noisy a you only get 300hp and 320pounds/torque for 4.6lt!!! The infiniti Q45 has a 4.5liter engine with 340hp and 333pounds/torque far more better fuel economy and is as smooth as silk. So the mustang is a fairly terrible car then.

But guess what? It isn't... I had never owned a true sports car in my life, and well let me tell you this is how the car was meant to be from the start, due to its muscle car nature its all big and browly, that is the magic about this car, a car you can feel the road you are on, accelarate and hear all 8 cilynders sing and for the money the car isn't bad at all! And its true it is a sports car, I have driven the nissan 350z and its very very noisy too, the shifter feel like changing gears in caterpillar tractor, the suspension is hard, has less tq and costs a lot more, this car for the money is a very good deal, it has an excellent driving position, smooth shifter and clutch, its fast, its rwd, the engine its supposed to be pretty much bullet proof, the looks aren't bad at all and ABOVE ALL IT'S DAMN FUN TO DRIVE, about 1,000,000 times more than my Accord Coupe. So the only cure for your problem is drive it more! first I hated the car, but know I get it and it has grown on me much more everyday.

Some people on this forum might be harsh with you because you are pretty much complaining about a car that some of them think its the best car in the world, it sure isn't, but its a damn good one for the money, drive it more, push the car to its limits and I bet you will like it more everyday.

James

BTW, Yes the 1st gear syncro is very noisy, Shifting takes a bit getting used to but it should be smooth overall and my drivers sit does rock a bit and squeaks when this happen, does any body know a fix for the squeaking seat?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Miracle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TElke1

Just to let you know, the shifting is normal...it takes a few trips to get use to....Have Fun
That is the information I was looking for...

I am used to a smooth shifting motion with the Honda... guess it will just take some getting used to.

ORIGINAL: James Cole

My first tought when I got the mustang was SELL IT!!! The engine vibration was very noticeable, not a smooth ride, the rear suspension was for the lack of a better word FATAL, the drivetrain is an orchestra of noises and whistles, the hard plastics on the interior look cheap, the engine is very noisy a you only get 300hp and 320pounds/torque for 4.6lt!!! The infiniti Q45 has a 4.5liter engine with 340hp and 333pounds/torque far more better fuel economy and is as smooth as silk. So the mustang is a fairly terrible car then.

But guess what? It isn't... I had never owned a true sports car in my life, and well let me tell you this is how the car was meant to be from the start, due to its muscle car nature its all big and browly, that is the magic about this car, a car you can feel the road you are on, accelarate and hear all 8 cilynders sing and for the money the car isn't bad at all! And its true it is a sports car, I have driven the nissan 350z and its very very noisy too, the shifter feel like changing gears in caterpillar tractor, the suspension is hard, has less tq and costs a lot more, this car for the money is a very good deal, it has an excellent driving position, smooth shifter and clutch, its fast, its rwd, the engine its supposed to be pretty much bullet proof, the looks aren't bad at all and ABOVE ALL IT'S DAMN FUN TO DRIVE, about 1,000,000 times more than my Accord Coupe. So the only cure for your problem is drive it more! first I hated the car, but know I get it and it has grown on me much more everyday.

Some people on this forum might be harsh with you because you are pretty much complaining about a car that some of them think its the best car in the world, it sure isn't, but its a damn good one for the money, drive it more, push the car to its limits and I bet you will like it more everyday.

James
Thanks for the info James... I am in kinda the same boat, of the feel of the car overall just being a little wierd to me, coming from a guy that has never OWNED a RWD V8 muscle car.

But I love it each and EVERY time I crank it up.

Thanks again guys...
Old 12-02-2006, 08:15 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

WOW that was a bit harsh and uncalled for. The guys was simply trying to find out if something was wrong with his car. I know i myself had to get use the the noise and feel of the car when i first purchased it. I have been driving trucks for most of my life and my Lifted F-150 drive softer than the Mustang. If someone has never owned a American Muscle car things like this may seem like and issue especially if coming from a foreign compact car or even a truck like myself. Maybe some advise and reassurance for the guy that this is normal and will just take some getting use to is all he needed. I know i was amazed at how noisy the car seemed to be when i first got it but now i do not really even notice it.

As for the tranny shifting i would suggest after 500 miles maybe swapping the fluid out for some Redline I am certain that will help smooth things out for you.

Richard
Old 12-03-2006, 01:46 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Muscle cars=noise, speed, fun and they suck lots of our money for mods. Thats why we do it. Most think we're crazy. Only we know the truth. we're absolutely nuts!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:48 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

My goodness ladies and gentlemen....it appears that our friend Mr. Cole had finally come around to/from the dark side.

Welcome to the forum James...

ORIGINAL: James Cole

Miracle,

We my friend are in the same boat... I just got a 06 Mustang GT with 1.5k miles on the clock, pretty much brand new, and I currently have in my garage a 2006 BMW 330i, 2002 Q45, and had a 2004 Accord Coupe V6 that was replaced by this Mustang, let me tell you all about it:

I purchased this mustang to help out a friend of mine that was in need for $$$ I made and offer and he accepted, the new gen mustangs always caught my attention but never to the point of going to the dealer and buy one. I always tought that ford made cheap, ugly and for all I care cars that in 2 years of service were ready to be thrown in the trash can, so when in the market to buy a new car I never even glanced at ford, chevy or chrysler.

James

BTW, Yes the 1st gear syncro is very noisy, Shifting takes a bit getting used to but it should be smooth overall and my drivers sit does rock a bit and squeaks when this happen, does any body know a fix for the squeaking seat?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 AM
fl_799
1st Gear Member

And the 'Stang magazines have to nerve to call the '197's 'too refined'!

Some of the same are ingredients shared with the fox's, SN-95's and new edge cars; Gear whine, noisy tranny, and clunky drive train. It's what makes a Mustang a Mustang after all!