Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push Bumper ANYONE PLEASE?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Push Bumper ANYONE PLEASE?????

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Everyone has right to an opinion but most have enough class to keep ones like you posted to them self.
ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Oh man........here you go again....... "pig snout" eh?
Hmph! Have you had a Cervini Eleanor so damn close on your *** you got that good of a look at it? OR......would you like to have????
Don't be so rude dude........your car really stands out as average---I like the "blend-in" look..........
Ok, again, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the "mods" I listed in my earlier post.

[ ... ]
j/k.....I'm just having a little fun. [sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif]
I have a question: where can you get one of those towing "eye" things I see sticking out of the front of racing Mustang bumpers? I can picture Mr Two-Bits Tow looking for a spot to winch my car onto his tilt-bed, and crunching my spoiler and front bumper cover. I had one on my MGB roadster race car, fit through a hole in the valence, could be attached by means of a hardened bolt with a hood pin-like clamp. I'd go for that on a street machine, too. Any ideas?

While I'm here, let me join beaustang and demonstrate my lack of "class" (WTF is that, anyway?) by posting an opinion that beaustang might deem "like you posted":

There are mods and there are excessively grotesque alterations that scream "pay attention to me and tell me how cool I am". Just because I don't like them -- or think they are ludicrous, ridiculous and the fruit of warped minds -- doesn't make them "bad". Anyone who can't tell the difference between himself and his products, who feels he's being attacked when his work or ideas are criticized, who strikes out at the author of such opinions as if he's likely to lose an eye if he doesn't defend himself, better make some adjustments. He's in for a lifetime of elevated blood pressure and esophageal reflux. Not a pleasant prospect, and not one I would wish on any pissy little whinger, even one who couldn't restrain his impulse to post a class-free admonition against posting class-free posts.

Stick that in your pig snout and snuffle it.

Just having a little fun. Very little.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:55 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Push Bumper ANYONE PLEASE?????

Exactly. Some people take others' opinions so personally.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 AM
georgevargas

Default ummm...wow...

I was looking for a push bumper, brush guard, grille protector or whatever they are called. I use my mustang as an everyday car and unfortunately have to park on the street every day. My bumpers and been backed into or fronted into when parked, my doors have been scratched, scraped, bumped and dented, and some A Hole even keyed my car because I did not know the two bags of tied up garbage that he put in the street were meant to hold a parking spot for him for hours on a public street until his return. Annnnnd a drunken immigrant fell and dropped his bicycle onto my back bumper creating an inch wide and 8 inch long scratch clear down to the metal on my trunk door just underneath the GT emblem and a 6 inch long half in wide GOUGE on my rear bumper. So I wanted the push bumper to protect the new bumpers I will eventually install from having other cars back into them. It wasn’t until I read this post that I remembered Barricade from the Transformers movie. Almost 6 pages worth of posting and about two posts actually tried to answer the question and it was almost as an afterthought. Go Rhino does not sell them for mustangs, and Setina does not appear to sell to the general public or retail. If anyone knows of a place that sells these as mustang mods specifically, I’d love to know. I’m even open to other ideas to protect my bumpers that do not include those rubber things that look like they are hanging out of someone’s trunk flapping around, moving to a place that has a garage, changing jobs, not parking on the street, buying a second car or anything that does not directly address the purchase of a product that will protect my bumpers, although I admit reading the flame out was almost fun.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Some of the 3M clear bra stuff is supposed to be really really good.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
georgevargas

Thank you! That stuff looks good. May buy it but still want something that will protect it from hard bumps that cause cracks and spidering.