Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of orange?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07USAFGT
I am definitely liking the orange, and agree the orange calipers would look pretty damn good on it.

How hard is it to put this striping down, take you a long time? Does it come on a long roll I am assuming so you never have an end that runs out and have to try and butt it up against another?
The roll I bought was 40 ft. (It would take 2 to complete a rally stripe car.) It isn't hard to lay down. It comes out better if you don't try too hard. You just try to go around curves smoothly with a long lead. Have about a foot or so of stripe between the roll and where you're using your finger to follow the contour of the stripe and just guide it around. Long straight areas just tap it down on the car where the straight begins and try to not tap again until you get to the end of the straight area. Keep the tape taut, but don't stretch it. When you get to the end of a stripe just overrun it 2 inches or so. Then when you start the stripe in the next direction overrun in 2 inches or so so they overlap. When you're done, take an exacto blade and line it up along the edge of the stripe and pull up on the overrun end. If you have a sharp blade it will cut perfectly and you'll never see where they cross. Run your finger along the whole stripe to stick it down good.

Tape will never replace a real artist when it comes to all those scallops and fancy patterns, but for stuff like this, it works well.

I removed the blue pins, with my fingernail to get started, and replaced with orange, in less than 1 hour. Works best on a warm car.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I think orange would stand out to much (and way to Chevy), I love it the way it sits. If I changed anything it would be to a darker more metallic blue.
Hmmm? I like orange on my Ford..LOL
Old 03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poco
It's different if your car comes AS orange. Still not for me though, clean ride.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Poco
Did you sell the rims? Thought you had the ghost blingz 20's like mine?