Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRIVER side water leak, see pics......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

I threw out all the foam gaskets & glued my gromets in with a clear seam sealer for RV's. Has not leaked for several years now. When it happened I could hear water sloshing back & forth on hard turns. It would end up on both sides of car. I saw water ponded in the grommet holes after I removed cowl covers. I think this problem is greatly compounded by clogged drain holed in the cowl area.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Water leaks suck, after a while the car starts smelling mildewy, that happened with my '06.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmk3
I threw out all the foam gaskets & glued my gromets in with a clear seam sealer for RV's. Has not leaked for several years now. When it happened I could hear water sloshing back & forth on hard turns. It would end up on both sides of car. I saw water ponded in the grommet holes after I removed cowl covers. I think this problem is greatly compounded by clogged drain holed in the cowl area.
Yeah I'm going to Ford tomorrow to get 5 more and going back to seal all the other ones. I have been doing some water testing and looks like even the new grommets are failing, I'm going to test again to confirm once the water that got inside the car dried up.

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
Water leaks suck, after a while the car starts smelling mildewy, that happened with my '06.
Yeah I sorta have that smell, So tax time I am going order new carpet and dynamat the whole floore, ONLY if it stops leaking, but I am getting closer to pinpointing the cause now.......

I have been creating niagra falls over here on top of the grommets and after countless gallons of water (I am going to hate the water bill haha), sure enough the water is getting in, I just want to isolate which one it is, by retesting one by one tomorrow, and then seal them once and for all. I am going to have a silicone valley in the cowl area if I have to.......LOL

Last edited by defiance; 01-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Doodad13

Default Me too.....

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I hope you figure out where its coming from because I have the same issue on my driver side.
Took care of the passenger leak, but there is still a puddle every time it rains in my rear driver side floorboard. I know mine leaks along the weatherstripping on the door, but I don't think enough water is coming through to account for the water I'm seeing.
I have the same issue with my 89. Even had windshield replaced and driver side fender pulled.......still leaks