5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

checking clearances

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:43 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: checking clearances

I know what you're saying but I dont know how you can say AFR aren't good heads when they have proven themselves time and time again. This place is also an SLP love fest but that doesnt mean everyone is going to like them. There are also a lot of people on this site that like Trickflow as well...
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 AM
fordstroker
I ♥ Acer

Im not sure I ever said anything bad about an AFR head, there great heads in the right hands along with many others.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:55 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordstroker

Im not sure I ever said anything bad about an AFR head, there great heads in the right hands along with many others.
Well i said they were good heads and u said i didnt know what i was talking about and shouldnt be giving advice.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:17 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordstroker

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

don't criticize people there here to learn and since u have more experience inform us thats why were here
I left this place 6 months ago, popping back in to see if it's any different. It's no different, still tons and tons of regurgitated info that's totally wrong. My only question is this, if you do not have direct hands on experience, how can you give advice? Wether it's which tire to run, what head, what intake, what camshaft etc.. Guys are looking for help, I would assume they are looking for factual help, not silly nonsense from the useless magazines. Maybe I assume too much.

Then when you tell a guy the actual facts you get 5 guys that are totally clueless telling you you're wrong, it's mind boggling and people get pissy with me for being blunt. You will see I give no info unless I have used and abused it. You won't find me in grabbem88's PMS thread, reason is cause I have not used it. I have read about it, but I have no actual hands on, so my comments are useless. Capiche' lol
same here i don't give advice unless i have personal experience with it. thats one reason i didn't post in this thread or grabbems PMS thread or several others. i don't post alot when it comes to some of the simpler items. i have passed on advice several times from my grandfather who personally owns a machine shop for the last 20yrs. i for one got to aid in the process of notching my cyclinder walls for my 347. i did not help in porting my heads but to watch the guy who did. like stated above i have noticed false information being passed and have tried to correct it but some people just keep doing it. i think if one person gets the correct information than it was worth while. i for one think it would be a good idea if u continued to be blunt and correcting people set them straight; adder is known for being an ******* but people listen to him for that reason. help get the correct info out there we need more true and tried drag racers on this forum
Old 03-03-2007, 08:00 AM
LIL D
2nd Gear Member

well now that everybody is done arguing i may just pay somebody to do my motor so i dont mess it up
Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I think that 'fordstroker' has the right idea about how to measure a crank/rod journal for taper.
the old, slow, way. with a micrometer. That means a micrometer, not calipers which alot of peeps cal a 'mic'.
I also agree about the idea that if you haven't used certain products, not to give advice about them.
WAY to many internet experts on here lately........