5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:51 AM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Probable Error in a 'Setting the TPS' thread

ORIGINAL: cholericfc
I'm saying that JOEL/JASON uses the CHILTON as a source to back up their TPS argument......I ONLY USE IT TO look up TORQUE SETTINGS
OK, you don't like the Chilton source...
I'll give you a freebie.... Let's wipe that from the slate.
Can you discount the NUMEROUS Ford documents which have been produced as well???

I MERELY USED THE WEBSITE TO HELP ME GET A POINT ACROSS... I USED THEIR WORDS AS MINE......
(assuming this is in regards to automedia.com)
It's ok for you to quote some crappy as po-dunk site, but I can't use Chiltons? Ok, I can live with that.

The least you could do is learn how to read, and actually read the sources you are trying to quote.
Nowhere on that site was .99v stated.

"junior know it all"???? Everything I said is true and how do you know who I am?? What my profession is?? hmmm....
What have you produced to PROVE you are correct? NOTHING...

Are we really going to get into 'who has the better job' now?

"two-bit hack ricer ****"???? yes, the person that developed this thread is exactly that..... (I'm debating if their actually who they say they are.)
1. Who have I said I was?
2. Who are you?
3. How does items 1 & 2 make up for the fact that you can't produce ANY evidence to support your claims?

" come on - bring some tech to the table " ~~~dudeboy
and you still haven't done that... you've only brought one little document, and a bunch of 'stories'
(btw, most of your first hand experiences have turned out to be comparing an out of range voltage to .99v. [:'(])

Here is a question which has still gone unanswered.

How does the ecu relate TPS RATCH to Throttle Angle?
If your claims are correct, then there will be some evidence of this relationship in the .bin tune files. I've never seen anything to that affect, but maybe I have missed it?
If you (anyone reading this thread) have seen evidence of such a relationship, I would like to see it...

Please,
Just answer the question...
Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I'm saying that JOEL/JASON uses the CHILTON as a source to back up their TPS argument......I ONLY USE IT TO look up TORQUE SETTINGS

I MERELY USED THE WEBSITE TO HELP ME GET A POINT ACROSS... I USED THEIR WORDS AS MINE......

I HONESTLY WOULD RATHER HEAR FROM THE PUBLIC......

I think that I've proven my point pretty well... In areas of both tech and "non-tech dribble" and I'm satisfied..

My last post SHOULD be read as a whole::: bc as a whole it is tech.............[sm=bustedsign.gif]
You wanna hear from the public?? you asked for it your gonna get it!!!..I'm part of the public on hear and all I see is an arrogant fool who doesn't have a clue about eec-iv inner workings....you bash Joel5.0?? you fool!! when was the last time you were given credit to in MM&ff MAGAZINE?? HMMM NEVER?? well I've read Joel5.0 name in there before.........if the engeneers designed a eec that was specific to one voltage range for all of it's sensor operations..then the monment a little wear occured on everything and internal motor wear occured you'd have a car running crappy 90 percent of the time.. the eec-iv has the ability to learn/adaptive strategy to learn base settings, store info in bin files and upon each start up refer back to previous operation.......hence the ratch function + base setting.....the public says STFU[>:][>:][>:]
HAVE enough decency to know when your beat..quit letting the pride continue this thread...How many more ford documents do Joel/Jason need to show you??...your blind, arrogant, got no clue and are a wanna be.....be humble enough to learn from anyone and everyone.....you've now turned a tech thread into a character slug fest cause you don't have any real world proof to back your claims SO LEAVE CHOLERICFC[&:].........SOON i WIll be purchasing an efi car and using a PMS to tune it and Joel or Jason would be the first I'd come to for schaler table mods to tune car....Your completely wrong in your way of thinking..admit it and move on..stop trying to berate/belittle respected members on here who know more than you[&:]
Old 04-05-2008, 04:38 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

does anyone know can be done to get the voltage down say .3v?
it is in a sn95, so i cant really reeme the hole out b/c of the way ours is made.
im going to try some dieletric grease in the connector for the pcm and the tps sensor.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

does anyone know can be done to get the voltage down say .3v?
it is in a sn95, so i cant really reeme the hole out b/c of the way ours is made.
im going to try some dieletric grease in the connector for the pcm and the tps sensor.
What is the current reading?
Old 04-05-2008, 05:18 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

1.33v, and i can unplugg the tps sensor, with key on and it stays at 1.33v, i ordered a new tps and hopefully that will fix it, but some reason i think i got another problem.
i only have the tb screw 1 turn past it touching, i had it open more to make it idle and i was getting 1.4v at idle, the car still run through the rpms, besides it needing me to finish tuning it ran decent, i know it has more in it, esp at lower rpms.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

1.33v, and i can unplugg the tps sensor, with key on and it stays at 1.33v, i ordered a new tps and hopefully that will fix it, but some reason i think i got another problem.
i only have the tb screw 1 turn past it touching, i had it open more to make it idle and i was getting 1.4v at idle, the car still run through the rpms, besides it needing me to finish tuning it ran decent, i know it has more in it, esp at lower rpms.

Yep.... you do a problem somewhere else, check if the voltage drops when you disconnect the EVP(EGR) sensor + check the voltage at the VREF and SIGRTN wires if the TPS connector...... TPS disconnected. LUK
Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
REDS 5.0
2nd Gear Member

I love the fact that this thread continues to breath. .98 and lovin' it! [sm=teetertooter.gif]
Old 04-05-2008, 08:49 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dudeboy

I can't explain what you think you saw with the tps settings...
I have messed with the tps myself... before I knew any better...

To tell people to spend their time setting the tps to .99v in order to fix an idle issue is WRONG.
You are wasting their time!!!!!!!!!

I will try to post a link directly to the GUFB document. This is the 'Instruction Manual' used by Ford ecu programmers for the Fox body Mustangs (A9*, X3Z, etc.)
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/files/GUFB.pdf

I would post the excerpt myself, but I just don't have the time right now.

If you can find something in this document that proves how 'idle surge' will be affected by the tps being .97v compared to 1.05v
then I will...... Nevermind... you won't find anything like that.

But please do try to prove me wrong...

It took a while, but you guys have finally responded to the issue.
Thank you [8D]

jason
Thank you soooooooo much for posting that[sm=hail.gif]. im having so much trouble with my godblam electronics, you just helped me out a lot, thanks a million.