Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 5.0L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT/CS
Default GT500 resonators removed

I want the car to be louder, how much does of a difference does it make running the GT500 axel back with the resonators deleted. Or is it not worth it? I love the exhaust note just wish it was louder.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2010 Mustang GT-Performance White -GONE"
Muffler Deletes / UPR Billet Shift Knob / CDC Chin Spoiler / Painted Black Out Panel / 35% Tint / Custom Painted Hood / UPR Catted X-pipe / SCT Tuned by Pro-Dyno/ 6000K HID's/ Tinted Fog lights
296 rwhp 314 tq
1slov6stanguncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

I ran the GT500's for a year before removing the resonators. I would say it is worth it.... The difference in volume went up a bit less than when going from stock to GT500 mufflers. I also noticed a lot more rumble when downshifting and an overall better tone.

Remove them......
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, 2011, 2013, 500, boss, bumper, front, gt, gt500, louder, make, mustang, remove, removing, resonators, rwhp