Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

style bar question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Default style bar question

Hey I was considering buying and installing the style bar for my 07. I was looking over the instructions, honestly they look a bit intimidating. The instructions have on it to remove the rear seats and removing most of the rear seat trim. Has anyone else installed the style bar? I'm not the best at installing items and it seems I take alot longer than most do when even instaling simple items for my fear of damaging something. Alot of the reviews say it doesnt take more than an hour to do, which means 5 hours or more for me. the cutting and drilling always scare me a bit. I think this bar would look great on my car and I would love it. but I'm wondering if this job is above my skill level and I assume having a body shop install it would be super expensive. Any thoughts on it
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I did mine myself. It's really not all that bad to do. If you're even semi-handy with tools you should be able to manage.

Try to have a helper on hand, it'll make things easier, moving the bar and getting it settled in the mounts.

Whether you tackle it yourself or turn it over to a shop, it would be a great addition for your car.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Blueper
2nd Gear Member

Here is mine at American Muscle site.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cldecomucoli.html

Install took a few hours because I double/triple checked before cutting into the panels.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Another thing that might help: the only visible thing you need to drill are the plastic trim pieces that are just at shoulder height if you're sitting in back. Even if you did mess up (unlikely, as the bottom of the bar covers 3x the size of the hole to be cut), they're only around $35 from a dealer.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the encouragement! as soon as I pull the money together for it I will get it, Torch thanks for the info about that trim piece that does make it alot easier to think about. I was concerned most about cracking the trim pieces. the directions i have read so far are not very indepth on removing pieces hope the directions that come with it are better!