General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is the best type of SuperCharger for a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 PM
frmadig
1st Gear Member

Default What is the best type of SuperCharger for a Mustang

Just to let every one know I am not a Mustang guy I am a DSM guy. Now with that said here is my question. My boss at work has an 2005 Roush Mustang Stage 1 that she wants to SuperCharge. I was wondering what would be the best type of supercharger to buy for her car. Thank for the help.

Max
Old 08-18-2005, 08:21 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What is the best type of SuperCharger for a Mustang

You drive a Mitsubishi eclipse. 1) a ricer car, 2) a chick car.

Vortech blowers are pretty good, expensive too. There is also Paxton which is better for the street.

A bolt blower gives some power but it is not as impressive as a blower and specially build engine for the blower. Weak points of 4.6 are pistons, plus compression is not too boost friendly. If you could build her engine mildly before installing blower that will achieve really nice results, forget pistons, cams.

I'd go for vortech blower in r trim, a build 4.6, a build 6 speed, better rear end, and some nice after cooler.

AL

Old 08-18-2005, 09:28 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

I owned a 1992 Eclipse 1.8L , and heres my experience..

Engine Blew
Downpipe -> Catback fell off
ECU Fryed
Transmission Shot
..and many interior/exterior problems.

Awesome! [&:]

Oh BTW: All under 100k
Old 08-18-2005, 11:55 PM
frmadig
1st Gear Member

First off the only reason I said I drive a DSM is so that you would know that I do not know that much about Mustang's. I was in no way trying to bash Mustang's, in fact I have a lot of respect for them. Now could you please explain how my car is rice. I never told you you what my car looks like or what is done to my car, you just assumed that because it is an Eclipse it is a "ricer" car. Just to let you know my car does not have a bodykit, a big wing, or blinking lights. It is an AWD (thats All Wheel Drive for those who dont know) Turbo Eclipse. Just because you drive a Mustang does not mean it cant be made ricy. Now ghoste, just to let you know the 1.8L Eclipse is like a V6 Mustang, it ****ing sucks. Thanks again for the help.

Max

[IMG]local://upfiles/20992/F0BB0A7F6CCF4B8589691CB3C58E8C1C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20992/121D4A0CA50E42C9AAFEC9352422E844.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-19-2005, 12:17 AM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

A 3.8L V6 or 4.2L I6 is greater in displacement than a 1.8L turbo charged 4 banger. An eclipse is not like a mustang, it will never be like one. You can compare engine to 2.3L four but it is still out classed. As far as handling goes, I drove the new one, it is very bad.

DMS, most people don't know what it is, first assumption it is something cool. It's just an import car. If you can modify one of those then you can modify a mustang, which will last way longer than DSM. I told you vortech is the best, but expensive, paxton is cheaper and better for the street. But if you want some serious power you need to modify the motor for it just a little bit.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 AM
frmadig
1st Gear Member

First off my car is 2.0 turbo not a1.8, it may not sound like a lot but it is (none of the 1.8's came turbo by the way). Second DSM's are not Imports, every single one was built in Normal, IL. They are just as American as your Mustang. Third, I think you need to learn a little more about the 4G63 before you say it is out classed by the Mustang Engine. There is a DSM that is street driven running 8.5 1/4 mile times on that little 4 banger. I also agree that the new Eclipse's suck ***, they are FWD and they blow. If you really want to see how a DSM handles go find someone that has a 1st or 2nd gen AWD. I will put money on the fact that my car will out handle yours. I want to say thanks again for the info on the SuperChargers. It was very helpful.

Max
P.S. Im not trying to start a fight I just dont like it when people assume my car is ricy or cant be fast just because it is not a V8. Im sure you dont like it when people assume every one who drives a Mustang is a redneck.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:04 AM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4600cc

You drive a Mitsubishi eclipse. 1) a ricer car, 2) a chick car.

Vortech blowers are pretty good, expensive too. There is also Paxton which is better for the street.

A bolt blower gives some power but it is not as impressive as a blower and specially build engine for the blower. Weak points of 4.6 are pistons, plus compression is not too boost friendly. If you could build her engine mildly before installing blower that will achieve really nice results, forget pistons, cams.

I'd go for vortech blower in r trim, a build 4.6, a build 6 speed, better rear end, and some nice after cooler.

AL

Vortech and paxton are the same thing almost and vortech owns paxton so you wont find much difference.You say the motor isnt boost friendly but he should get a R-trim??He didnt say she wanted to spend 20 grand by building a motor and tranny and rear end.He didnt say what would be your dream car or did I miss something???Just get a procharger with an intercooler if they offer it yet not sure on the 05,the procharger setup is very nice and will allow for more boost cause of the intercooler.Why bash the kids car he didnt even say anything about it??Did he come on and bash you??You should STFU
Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Guys lay off him! He came to ask a question for his boss. Save it for someone that deserves it.

Anyway, paxton and vortech are both good choices. He can also go with a saleen or kenne bell top mount blower. The 2005 models respond really really well to superchargers. So any choice would probally be a good one. Just make sure to run a safe boost, or you'll blow your engine. Good luck and don't mind these other idiots. Anything else, just ask!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:50 AM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Watch the stock pistions. I have experience blowing them using high compression on NA.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Find out what kinda s/c rousch uses on the stage 3's and tell her to buy one of them