Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

order, build, and delivery date

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Default RE: order, build, and delivery date

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I got my Build Date today:

May 23rd...

T - ???? and counting.

What are you guys encountering on average with "Pickup" from Build Date?

I'm guessing 2 weeks.
Prof Wizard,

the dealership said my car is going to be built the week of May 9th, so that means a week from today. He said i can expect my car to be delivered the week of May 30th and then once it is delivered, it'll sit in the back of the dealership with my name on it until i come back to california to pick her up. if i pass these damn 3rd/2nd mate license exams the first time around, i'll be home June 4th to pick her up and drive her around. i hope that helps you out dude, i can't wait to get this pony. later

Old 05-02-2005, 11:08 PM
maxandstnky

I ordered a Sonic Blue GT on 1/7/05 and I checked the 800 number today, it said as of 4/29 the vehicle has been released by the foreign vehicle assembly plant. Anyone hear of this? Where are the 2005's being built?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:45 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Are you sure it said "foreign" and not "Ford"?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I'm having fealings of Deja Vu'....

Like I read that somewhere else.. .

Already...

Maybe...

Na... probably just my mind playing tricks on me!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJBowman

Congrats Martin123!! I know you are thrilled.
Give us the scoop. (sorry if I missed it). What color? options?
Let us live vicariously through you...
Don't worry TJBowman, It's a Mineral Grey, Charcoal leather interior with IUP, Shaker 500, Polished Alum wheels, security feature.

In the shed I have Borla Cat-backs, 4.10 gears, Steeda CAI and Mustang Tuning is waiting for the number they require to ship the SCT X-Calibrator.

To be honest with you, I don't think I can hold out to break her in. I think the mods are going in as soon as I get her.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

YES!!!! My car was built last week (09May05) and is on it's way to Southern California. She will arrive next week, BUT There is always a BUT...I can't pick it up until the earliest 05June [:@] I'm stuck in New York, just finished college classes and now I have to sit and try and study for these US Coast Guard 3rd/2nd Mate License exams (Which are just as hard as the BAR Exam for laywers). Hopefully, if i pass all 7 exams the first week, i'll be on a plane first thing Saturday morning after exams hung over as $hit home to southern california to pick up my new mustang. Already have the Steeda Ultralite 05 Rims waiting at home, just need to purchase tires and put them on the car. then it's onto my friends stereo shop to put in my after market system. THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER!!!!

Have faith everyone...it feels good to know your car is out there somewhere!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 06:21 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

I am getting my new one from the date I order it til it is delivered, (18th of May), under 7 weeks. that means only 7 weeks without a Mustang.

BTW, I do live in Southern CA, and I bought from a high volume dealership.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Red69Sportsroof
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

Like we all have been saying for months now, Ford is giving priority to all the dealers that are HIGH volume and in the sunbelt areas. This is not fair to others that are no as lucky to live in such areas. The smaller dealers are being screwed up the bum because they don't sell as many vehicles.
I don't know GrayGT.... I live in San Diego, CA and ordered by car from a very very high volume Ford dealer on 3/11. Over nine weeks have passed and I am still clean and unscheduled. I am reading about people who ordered their GT in April and they already have a build date. WTF? I'll feel a heck of a lot better when I get serialized and when I do I know I will let out a screetching howel that will be heard for blocks and blocks.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

I think I got my order through quick becaus ethis was the second one I got, maybe they thought someone made a mistake, and I didn't get my first.

hope you get yours soon.