Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

thrush glasspacks

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
bgroft619

Default thrush glasspacks

yea i just bought thrush glasspack muffers for my car. its at the shop right now gettin sum little stuff fixed. since i cant put my glasspacks on right now i was wondering yur guys opinions on the glass packs?? im also money short cuz of gas and insurance so i was just thikin about taking out my catswelding flanges on my pipes or something,and just running straight h pipe instead off buying an off road one. and when inspection time comes i can just bolt them back in.. i was wondering what u guys think of that and how it might sound? thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Default RE: thrush glasspacks

ORIGINAL: bgroft619

yea i just bought thrush glasspack muffers for my car. its at the shop right now gettin sum little stuff fixed. since i cant put my glasspacks on right now i was wondering yur guys opinions on the glass packs?? im also money short cuz of gas and insurance so i was just thikin about taking out my catswelding flanges on my pipes or something,and just running straight h pipe instead off buying an off road one. and when inspection time comes i can just bolt them back in.. i was wondering what u guys think of that and how it might sound? thanks

WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN, I CAN'T HEAR YOUYour neighbors are going to love you!

With cats it is going to be very loud, without...see first line above:-)
I wold say wait and see how you like it first w/ the cats in place. What car/mods are we talking about here btw?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
bgroft619

ORIGINAL: jimkaray

WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN, I CAN'T HEAR YOUYour neighbors are going to love you!

I wold say wait and see how you like it first w/ the cats in place. What car/mods are we talking about here btw?
alls i have is bbk cold air intake. soon gettin 4.10 gears short throw and i dont kno waht else.. help me out with mods.. im on a low budget
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

WHAT WAS THAT AGAIN, I CAN'T HEAR YOU Your neighbors are going to love you!

alls i have is bbk cold air intake. soon gettin 4.10 gears short throw and i dont kno waht else.. help me out with mods.. im on a low budget
Well you need to specify what you car and engine combo you have, at least put it in your sig.
I see from your posts you have 01 GT and I'll assume auto. The 4.6 Modular forum is the place to go for recommendations on your car. Just be prepared with a game plan and beginning budget. Sounds like your in a rush, be patient with your build, do your research and do it right. Don't get caught up in marketing hype for new parts claiming all kinds of power gains. The cheapest mod is the driver mod, learn your car and how to get the most out of it. Remember horse power numbers are for bench racing, low e.t.'s are where it's at! Get to the track and hone your driving skills, also talk to guys there with your car that are running well.
Gears are excellent bang for the buck mod. No sense in adding more power if you can't get it to the ground. Look into tires next if traction is a problem.
Good Luck!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

I personally don't like the sound of glasspacks. They remind me of a truck that sounds like it's doing 90mph with it's really only doing 20mph. It's a preference thing though.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:03 PM
bgroft619

Well you need to specify what you car and engine combo you have, at least put it in your sig.
I see from your posts you have 01 GT and I'll assume auto. The 4.6 Modular forum is the place to go for recommendations on your car. Just be prepared with a game plan and beginning budget. Sounds like your in a rush, be patient with your build, do your research and do it right. Don't get caught up in marketing hype for new parts claiming all kinds of power gains. The cheapest mod is the driver mod, learn your car and how to get the most out of it. Remember horse power numbers are for bench racing, low e.t.'s are where it's at! Get to the track and hone your driving skills, also talk to guys there with your car that are running well.
Gears are excellent bang for the buck mod. No sense in adding more power if you can't get it to the ground. Look into tires next if traction is a problem.
Good Luck!

thanks! actually i got a 2000 gt 5 speed 4.6 modular. its my daily driver.ive been looking for parts for a while but money is an issue. iam saving for bbk longtube headers. bbk catted x pipe and slp lm1 catbacks. tri axe short trhow shifter, 4.10 gears, new throttle body and maybe evan some nitrous,i also want to save for new cams and a good tune. i dont know what else to get. id like a kenne bell supercharger but they are too expensive for me.any advice for websites that i can find for performance stuff for my car? what other mods do u recomend on me gettin.. and haha yea i am in a little rush but the cash thing is slowin me down. ever since i was younger i have always wanted a loud and extremlyfast mustang. now i got the mustang now i just need to make it fast.so yea im new to this kind of thing because im only 16.. trying to be some kind of mechanic so id like toget an idea ofwhat i am doing
Old 07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
boss_dude_429
3rd Gear Member

i say go with dynomax bullet race mufflers, they're kinda quiet under 2500 but over that and WHAT.....SIR..SIR.....PLEASE TURN YOUR CAR OOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!!!! thank you......now may i take you order hehehehehe
Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Good Luck!

thanks! actually i got a 2000 gt 5 speed 4.6 modular. its my daily driver.ive been looking for parts for a while but money is an issue. iam saving for bbk longtube headers. bbk catted x pipe and slp lm1 catbacks. tri axe short trhow shifter, 4.10 gears, new throttle body and maybe evan some nitrous,i also want to save for new cams and a good tune. i dont know what else to get. id like a kenne bell supercharger but they are too expensive for me.any advice for websites that i can find for performance stuff for my car? what other mods do u recomend on me gettin.. and haha yea i am in a little rush but the cash thing is slowin me down. ever since i was younger i have always wanted a loud and extremlyfast mustang. now i got the mustang now i just need to make it fast.so yea im new to this kind of thing because im only 16.. trying to be some kind of mechanic so id like toget an idea ofwhat i am doing
Well since your 16 I'd have to say that your car is plenty fast enough for you right now. Remember what I said about learning your car first. Do the exhaust so it sounds meaner and then save up for a year before doing any other performance mods. If you haven't crashed it by then your ready for gears;-) You can get good deals in the classifieds forum, no need to buy new all the time.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:02 PM
mrxr250rider
3rd Gear Member

my friend has glasspacks on his mustang,i wouldnt suggest them dont really like the sound.
id just go with a nice catback and offroad h pipe.