Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

Flowmasters -vs- pypes violators ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Default Flowmasters -vs- pypes violators ??

I know this topic has been done over and over but, it's my turn.
I have a 2010 gt mainly stock except for a BBK CAI> I want to do my Exhaust
before I tune. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to make up my mind on what exhaust to do. I know it's up to personal taste but I'm looking for overall suggestions. I want that nice throaty growl with out jaring my teeth loose and pissing off the neighbors. Thanks for the input !!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Don't want to be an **** by saying its up to you only, but I can add my two cents on Flowmasters since I owned a pair. Along with some knowledge of the Pypes. Also I am an intern at a Ford dealer and have been around and heard nearly every exhaust on Mustang so i'll try to help best I can.
Okay so first off the most important thing is to know your price range. I can already name a few exhausts that are better than Pypes and Flowmaster but relatively more expensive. Personally I have THE most expensive exhaust and pipe setup basically. I currently have Corsa Xtreme Axlebacks and Corsa X pipe. They are quite literally the priciest exhausts on the market, but they produce no drone and have that deep throaty sound you're after (They also annoy the neighbors quite nicely). I can name others if I knew your range though. I will say however that Flowmasters with an X Pipe sound terrible and do not sound deep or throaty, however have heard everywhere they are good with H pipes. Pypes in a general sense is a good exhaust for the price, but not the best. hopefully I helped some.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
Don't want to be an **** by saying its up to you only, but I can add my two cents on Flowmasters since I owned a pair. Along with some knowledge of the Pypes. Also I am an intern at a Ford dealer and have been around and heard nearly every exhaust on Mustang so i'll try to help best I can.
Okay so first off the most important thing is to know your price range. I can already name a few exhausts that are better than Pypes and Flowmaster but relatively more expensive. Personally I have THE most expensive exhaust and pipe setup basically. I currently have Corsa Xtreme Axlebacks and Corsa X pipe. They are quite literally the priciest exhausts on the market, but they produce no drone and have that deep throaty sound you're after (They also annoy the neighbors quite nicely). I can name others if I knew your range though. I will say however that Flowmasters with an X Pipe sound terrible and do not sound deep or throaty, however have heard everywhere they are good with H pipes. Pypes in a general sense is a good exhaust for the price, but not the best. hopefully I helped some.
Yes that did help greatly! I do have stock H pipes and other people have stated I couldn't go wrong with Flowmasters for the price. I just like to here From as many people as possible. Thanks again for you advice !
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

anything but flowmasters! slp, borla, magnaflow, corsa, frpp
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
DarkSidedGT
1st Gear Member

the pipe violators man they are 100x better than flowmasters. if you want my exhaust system here it is.. click on the link to listen to them!!!http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/2921304969.html
Old 03-26-2012, 05:39 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarkSidedGT
the pipe violators man they are 100x better than flowmasters. if you want my exhaust system here it is.. click on the link to listen to them!!!http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/2921304969.html
Very nice! I really like that sound It's kind of what I'm looking for.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 AM
DarkSidedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dadnpony
Very nice! I really like that sound It's kind of what I'm looking for.
Thanks
thanks man. I'm selling the system if you want it
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Flowmaster > Pypes.

Pypes sound like CRAP! and are CRAP!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 PM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

magnaflow or borla... flowmasters are too common IMO
Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Thanks to all for the replies. Seems like a big difference in personal opinons.
I actually decided on the "Borla Touring" axle backs. I'll try and post a sound
clip when its done. Thanks again !