V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Mustang In wyoming

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Sentinala

Default Mustang In wyoming

ok so i am getting stationed in wyoming.... what should i do to keep my car stellar up there?
my dad recomending rust proofing (where they paint the bottom of ur car to prevent rust)

also i am worried, cause i am trying to get a catback exhaust system installed...and..there ARE NO PERFORMANCE SHOPS NEAR WHERE I AM!! I HAVE CHECKED!!! wyoming is empty!!

should i just do it myself? i hear its easy? how do i do it? this is what i got from ebay..for my '03 6!.. i got y-pipe configuration..so how do i connect that?? and do i need to buy mufflers? what all do i need to buy? thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-04...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-04-2008, 08:31 PM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang In wyoming

if you can cut, bend, and weld pipes, shouldn't be too difficult.

Sucks that you live in Wyoming, can't imagine living somewhere like there or North Dakota. Ick.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Sentinala

wow talk about luck!
i was looking for how to videos on you tube, and i found out u can go to the magna flow site and find dealers near u..and wow theres a shop right outside the base!! i am set...how much yall think it will cost?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

Prices are all over the place.

I got a quote at a Meineke (just for kicks, new it was gonna be expensive) that said the biggest pipes I could go with are 1.75" pipes, and that it was gonna be 900 bucks, then I went to a shop that Dallas Mustang reocmmended me, and it was gonna be $175, and they would do what I wanted, 2.5" divorced pipes with chrome tips. I just had to bring in the mufflers.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Sentinala

hmm u think the magna flow dealer will be cheaper? or meinike? what store would yall recomend that does exhaust?
i didnt even know meiniki did exhaust! its crazy!
another thing, why do they have after market parts? if mustang gt is a high performance car, shouldnt it come with performance parts? i mean, i understand newer and better stuff comes out..but..
take the new '08 stang gt...so would u prety much keep it stock for a few years? and then mod it up?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sentinala

hmm u think the magna flow dealer will be cheaper? or meinike? what store would yall recomend that does exhaust?
another thing, why do they have after market parts? if mustang gt is a high performance car, shouldnt it come with performance parts? i mean, i understand newer and better stuff comes out..but..
take the new '08 stang gt...so would u prety much keep it stock for a few years? and then mod it up?
No vehicle comes fully equipped from the factory, there is always something that can be done to improve it. It's not due to the manufacturer not wanting to make it outperform everything, it comes down to politics and EPA requirements and crash ratings and things like that. Automakers are in the business of making money, so they build what sells, which sometimes is merely an idea more than actual features.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

ORIGINAL: Sentinala

No vehicle comes fully equipped from the factory, there is always something that can be done to improve it. It's not due to the manufacturer not wanting to make it outperform everything, it comes down to politics and EPA requirements and crash ratings and things like that. Automakers are in the business of making money, so they build what sells, which sometimes is merely an idea more than actual features.
I like it better that way! Then its more personalized and people cant buy premade racecars!

I dunno about keeping it stock for a few years then modding it. I dont think parts update THAT quickly where you put something on and its out of date in a year.