Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Lambo doors for an 07' Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:58 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Lambo doors for an 07' Mustang

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

i would say what everyone else has said...but if you want to do it you also have to make sure that the wires in the doors are long enough thisis one of the major problems when installing lambo doors because it can break the wires and they end up looking like crap after the springs or whatever that lifts them up goes bad

i would say if you want to do this i would do it last
Most kits use struts (similar to our hood prop kits and on out trunk lids but a bit stronger) which for the most part last a long time, and are easy to replace in the event they fail(Autozone usually has them in stock). As for the wires most will come with a wiring kit to extend the length of the wires. Though it is true that there are cheap kits that are real POS and they seem to be what people most often encounter. I wish people would learn you have to pay to play and this game aint cheap.

If you are using a good quality kit, and no that ebay $700 thing is not what I mean, then you should have no real issues with the hardware. Next you have to have someone who knows what they are doing install the kit. This is the next place you see corners cut. Bad install = Premature failure, simple as that.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

there was a guy at my school that tried to do this on his own with his 02 gt...he screwed it up badly
Old 03-24-2007, 05:26 PM
KIMMER
1st Gear Member

If you do want to get them, go with these vertical doors inc. Well worth the extra money and these are the originals. Also, they swing normal and upward so you can keep the normal function. Personally I like them just for the fact I could put them vertical at the gas station to keep from hitting those damn cement posts.[:@] I just can't see paying that kind of money for something you only see for a min when you open the door then close it. At least body kits you see all the time.