Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hail Repair In Progress (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 10:52 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default Hail Repair In Progress (UPDATE)

Here are some pictures of the repairs that are being made to my car from the hail storm. As I get more pictures, I will post them here.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hail Repair In Progress

[sm=signs003.gif] with the repairs. It must be painful to see your stang all torn apart like that.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:08 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

[sm=signs003.gif] with the repairs. It must be painful to see your stang all torn apart like that.
I'm the one that took it apart with some supervision from the owner of the body shop. That is not including the cut off quarter panel or roof. I am hoping to get those pictures tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I can't even imagine how bad you feel since that happened to your car. I hope the repair process goes well, thanks for posting pictures for us all to see.

Once again, good luck.

Jeff
Old 03-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

yes, that is painful to look at! But the front end looked great! Made my stomach feel much better!
But what happened to the bass speakers in your doors? And the GT Gas Cap on the rear? Are you doing a total custom job?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
danalor
1st Gear Member

I might have missed something, but what actually was damaged by the hail storm? Must have been some big *ss hail chunks coming down, are you sure your not using the hail storm to do some more mods to your ride[:@] Best of luck on the repairs.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:09 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Anything that was in vision to the sky and more is what was damaged just about. That is what I gathered from the information he has posted.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Blue and I had lunch before he took his car to the shop...

I will atest that the hail absolutely beat the crap out of his Mustang... it even broke the fiberglass side window cover.

DENTS EVERYWHERE!.. It almost made me cry!

I felt so bad for him!

Glad to see the project is moving forward.

Hey - - you could just leave all that stuff OFF... save weight for the track!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

yes, that is painful to look at! But the front end looked great! Made my stomach feel much better!
But what happened to the bass speakers in your doors? And the GT Gas Cap on the rear? Are you doing a total custom job?
Nothing happened to the speakers, that is the way they are when you take off the door panel. We took off the GT emblem in the rear because we might be getting a new trunk lid because of the dings plus he may have to blend in the paint when the car is painted if the trunk lid is saved. I am not doing a total custom job on it, just changing out a few parts and adding a couple more.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:23 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danalor

I might have missed something, but what actually was damaged by the hail storm? Must have been some big *ss hail chunks coming down, are you sure your not using the hail storm to do some more mods to your ride[:@] Best of luck on the repairs.
Not using the hail storm to do more mods. It was a big storm. Remember when we were kids, depends on your age, we had these marble boulders. They were bigger than regular marbles. That is the size of hail that hit the car and it lasted about what seemed to be an eternity, 10 minutes. Almost every part on the car was hit. PW can verify that since he seen the car before it went in for repair.

Quick Reply: Hail Repair In Progress (UPDATE)