Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Web-Electric Sequential Splice in lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Stroken97
1st Gear Member

Default Web-Electric Sequential Splice in lights

I add sequential lights from Web-Electric and they work great except I have been unable to get the inner light to work in sequence or as a brake light. On the 2005 is the inner light only a running light? Has anyone else install this product STS-1M Mustang Sequential Turn Signal from Web-Electric? It was an easy install and good directions, but I am think I need to change out the socket.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Web-Electric Sequential Splice in lights

Yes, I've got it on my '05 and all three lamps on both sides work as running lights, brake lights and turn signals. When you turn on the turn signals, you should have 3 lights sequencing. Did you install the extra wire lead to the inner bulbs? If so, check to make sure you're using the right bulbs (they need to be dual filament) and that they are aligned properly in the sockets. Check the metal terminals in the socket and compare it to the metal "blobs" on the bulb to make sure it's all aligned properly (keep in mind that the bulb twists into place, so you'll have to estimate it's true position).
Old 03-17-2006, 09:39 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

I have the WebElectric splice-in sequentials too. My inner light works fine. Make sure you got that metal conact pushed all the way into the socket. In the instructions they even mention you might need to use a pair of needle nose pliers to push it all the way in. It is the yellow wire with the metal tab on the end. -Joe
Old 03-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

I have this kit too and they work great, check the connections, you might have a bad kit
Old 03-24-2006, 04:13 AM
2006GT
2nd Gear Member

I had the same problem with mine. To remedy it, I took that large metal tab and crushed the bump on it with some heavy duty pliers to make it flush with the rest of the tab, allowing me to push it all the way in. it was impossible to get it all the way in without doing that on my kit. now it works fine.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: jbailer

I have the WebElectric splice-in sequentials too. My inner light works fine. Make sure you got that metal conact pushed all the way into the socket. In the instructions they even mention you might need to use a pair of needle nose pliers to push it all the way in. It is the yellow wire with the metal tab on the end. -Joe

Ditto on this - one of mine worked and one didn't when I first installed. I pulled the metal lead (on the supplied yellow wire) out of the socket, and reinstalled it a little more FIRM with the needle nose and worked. So unless you are missing the dual filament bulb as mentioned above, just re-seat that lead to make good contact. And obviously, don't re-install the light fixtures to the car until you got them working