Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:44 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

Damn.. it must have took me a long time to post because I see the rest of the into about the accident... If they replaced the belts before you got there.. that is too low.. and stopping every 50 miles? I'm not even going to go there. You have a major lawsuit on your hands if needed.. They willingly(sp?) let you dive out of there knowing it was not safe.. knowing that you can break down knowing anything could happen.. and that my friend is intent!.. Take the time and gather all you can and then lay down the hammer!

CK= My Friend Don (05 sonic blue) is getting his engine done by Adam. I gutess they got a teskid block and is building it up. I'm still looking at mmr right now.. but wanted to see if adam can build something for me around the 2700-3200 mark. I'm not looking for 1000hp but something I can do 600-700whp all day! .. Next time you see him ask for me.. We talked a few times.. but I heard he was busy in his new shop.. As for the meth kit... I dont blame you.. I'm my hart I know it had to do with my engine blowing up.. but the tuner at the time straight out told me we can use it for the new engine.. not even really wanting to know why it blew in the first place. I was never looking for blame.. I wanted to know why it blew and not to repeat it.. but it was like he chaucked it up to much hp!!.. and wrote everything off.. the jearking on the dyno.. the only 8 hp more... none of that matter?!?! .. Thats why I'm taking my business else where.. =-/
Good for you - that tuner is a serious a-hole.[:@] Yeah, i know Don well. He's really going all out now on the new motor and his car is going to be great. I think those dollars are a possibility. You should be close to those numbers with a forged bottom end if you go with the tescid block (it's the cheapest). I'll talk to adam soome more too and PM you next week.

Mark
Old 03-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Lostsoul just let me say my company attorney has what we need. We will be filing 4 law suits in the next 3-4 weeks. These guys let me leave in a car that was a time bomb. Thats no joke! About Mustang Muscle keep in mind they didn't build it, the car was taken there so it could be inspected by everyone involled.

FC Customs blames Vortech the fuel rail company the company that made the fittings everyone but the true idiots themselves! Didn't feel like posting have trouble reading since I hit my head and no more flying for at least 6 months. Just getting to where I can read and no pain pills are needed. Keep in mind I rolled out with my feet on fire at 20mph on an interstate and got knocked out!

Thanks and glad to just be here!
John
Old 03-26-2006, 02:51 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

since you are from quincy...why didn't you use rick anderson?...or slingblade.....hell jim from turbo connections would of done great for ya...
Old 03-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Quincy, IL. We have no pro shop's here unless you know something I don't!

John

One thing I have to tell you guys is FC Customs brought all these engineers and fire tech guys and we walk in. I brought a photogragher and two guy from 16 table productions to shoot video of everything that happened. So I told everyone they would have to sign a release my attorney drew up so they could be recorded and we could take pictures of them and what they are doing. One guy from FC stood up and said Bull Sh-t that car is the property of Safceo insurance we can do what ever we want and headed out to start tearing down the car. My insurance adjuster yelled out hold on one second we have not settled with Mr. Ohnemus as of yet so he owns the car and anything done will have to be aproved by him. They all freaked. Got them all to sign the waivier and we are going to produce 3 minute clips of what they did.
Funny as h-ll my engineer loved it. Lets just say he got to see everything first and I'm not settling until I get exactly what I want!

You are right about Mustang Muscle it a hole in the wall. Not impressive at all.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:11 PM
wustang

(<--- newbie, take it easy on me!)

Well case in point, It is my general feeling about others working on my stuff ( [:'(] a puking kind). I despise it, cause I constanlty see errors, even from the best of them. I can't say that I've had a $60,000 setup blowup in my face, but it goes to the root of the problem. Some people don't need to be working on your stuff. I am an aircraft mechanic, and a drag racer. I have worked with guys in the past who check their oil with the engine running!!! Difference here is accountability, and for performance shops, they are limited to the extent of which they perform the work. Race parts are race parts, on the street or the open road. BUT when someone inexperienced, is in error of their own handy work, and either willing or unwilling lets the customer go into an un-safe, "road worthy" vehicle. That is wrong. Everyone is at risk.

My thinking comes from the aircraft side of it, remember you may not fly in it, but they are flying over you!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

i know..just those listed are closer.and better
Old 03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Skycam1
I ♥ Acer

Well you could have told me that a year ago? Just kidding I have no idea where they are and I fly to SPRFLD every other day in my Helo so it was easy to see my car.

I do need help if you guys can on one thing. The car had CPR fuel rails. Now I was told they changed the fuel line to 1/2" and have the invoice for doing it but they didn't. With that said I had dual 255 pumps piggy backed in the tank. We blew up the boost a fuel on stock fuel fine to the front. This is for the guys that really know this stuff. The steel 3/8 line cones up on the left side of the engine next to the headers then changes to plain rubber line. On my car they left the stock rubber line and connected a braided hose to it then to a 150 degree fitting then into the front of the left fuel rail. If I need to explain it better let me know. Then the rear of the left fuel rail they jumped acrossed to the right side with 2 steel 90's and braided hose. I had 60lb injectors. My question is how much fuel pressure would I have had and should they have changed that rubber line? leaving out the blowner belt problem for a second. I'm asking because I was told they should have changed that line and all the fuel problem was on that side not to mention it blew a 10" hole though the front of the car when it broke.

Anyone know?
John
Old 03-26-2006, 04:11 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Glad to see you back too, lost. Just thought you might want to know - Adam and I went over my car build for a couple hours yesterday and he REFUSED to put a meth kit on my car even though he has 7 kits on his shelves right now. Says although great for older cars, no one has been able to tune a meth injection system yet and he doesn't trust them right now.
Killer,

Remember what i said to a while back ago about the folks at Kenne Bell stating that one thing you never ever do these 3V's is to add a water/meth kit? maybe adam can speak with them about this (or maybe he already has) as to why you shouldnt be doing this?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:12 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I shish I could help but I'm dumb =-/ ... I hope the mods here dont kick this out or edit.. but I would post that on this website : http://forums.modulardepot.com/forum...52e&forumid=60

Theres many good tuners and people on there that could help you with that
Old 03-26-2006, 04:51 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Skycam1

Well you could have told me that a year ago? Just kidding I have no idea where they are and I fly to SPRFLD every other day in my Helo so it was easy to see my car.

I do need help if you guys can on one thing. The car had CPR fuel rails. Now I was told they changed the fuel line to 1/2" and have the invoice for doing it but they didn't. With that said I had dual 255 pumps piggy backed in the tank. We blew up the boost a fuel on stock fuel fine to the front. This is for the guys that really know this stuff. The steel 3/8 line cones up on the left side of the engine next to the headers then changes to plain rubber line. On my car they left the stock rubber line and connected a braided hose to it then to a 150 degree fitting then into the front of the left fuel rail. If I need to explain it better let me know. Then the rear of the left fuel rail they jumped acrossed to the right side with 2 steel 90's and braided hose. I had 60lb injectors. My question is how much fuel pressure would I have had and should they have changed that rubber line? leaving out the blowner belt problem for a second. I'm asking because I was told they should have changed that line and all the fuel problem was on that side not to mention it blew a 10" hole though the front of the car when it broke.

Anyone know?
John

I have been through the ringer on fuel with these cars. As I have said many times, I have spent more hours on the dyno relating to fuel than all the other dyno hours combined. It is a long explanation to your question so send me a PM and I'll explain it in detail but the short of it is you need -8 fuel lines in the ENTIRE car, not just up front. The returnless system is a PIA and we tried several times to rig a dual return system and always caught major problems on the dyno and went back and forth. The other big issue was the 60 lbs injectors - for a couple months - I had to run the #39s cause the car would hesitate and lose fuel pressure between shifts with the 60's and the entire ratio had to be changed in the tuner. Like I said, I don't want to eat the post up, so PM me if you want more details...

Mark

Quick Reply: kNOW WHO YOUR DEALING WITH