Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer light bar install woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: dealer light bar install woes

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Good grief!! Maybe I should go into the lightbar installation business It took me (I think) 2 hours to install mine by myself and that was because my drill bit was hosed. A good mechanic (with a sharp bit) should be able to do it in an hour no problem.

It took about 30 minutes to install the Web Electric switch after the fact.

There's nothing to fear on installing these yourself, if you can drill holes you can install one of these light bars no problem!
Tres,

I actually found your posts concerning light bar installation on Google (and thus the Mustang Forums) after the dealer quoted the overly-inflated price. I also didn't know a thing about the light bar switch, until others mentioned it. A thousand thanks to everyone on that thread, because the pics and explanation confirmed what the salesman at the dealership told me ... that the installation isn't difficult and wasn't worth the price the body shop had given him.

I'm still trying to figure out how they gouged the OP's top. Doesn't look like something that happened during the actual install ... looks like an "oops" that happened at some other point.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:44 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

taking your car to a ford dealership for that kind of stuff is like the worst idea that you can possibly have...but don't worry, it happens to the best of us [:-][:-][:-]

lets just say i ended up taking my car to acura's dealership body shop
Old 04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

taking your car to a ford dealership for that kind of stuff is like the worst idea that you can possibly have...but don't worry, it happens to the best of us [:-][:-][:-]

lets just say i ended up taking my car to acura's dealership body shop
I hear ya there. Only reason I asked them, was to see if they could add it before I took delivery of the vehicle. Once they came up with a price, there was no way I was having them do it!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
JetPylt

Quick q. The dealer just installed a CDC light bar on my 06 GT. Maybe I am picky and crazy. Can u tell me how perfect your bar is installed on your car? The problem I see on my car is that where the bar is attached to the surface of the interior on the car it is not sitting completely flat. Basically when you look at it from the outside its a perfect fit, however, when you look at it from the back and inside seems there is a gap of about 1/4" between the bar and interior surface. Can you please tell how well yours is installed? Thank you in advance. One more thing did you have a cut off switch (for lights when you close the top) installed on you car. Who makes the switch and did you have to rig it inorder to work for 06 model?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JetPylt

One more thing did you have a cut off switch (for lights when you close the top) installed on you car. Who makes the switch and did you have to rig it inorder to work for 06 model?
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Comes with everything you need to hook it up, including wire ties and quick splice connectors. They do offer a plug-n-play harness version of the switch, but I'm not entirely sure if the harness is compatible with the 05-06 models. Went with the regular version, and it was simple to hook up.