Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIC AND CLIP; 3 big events done (Pro5.0, Flows, Baseline dyno) results and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 04:22 AM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

Default PIC AND CLIP; 3 big events done (Pro5.0, Flows, Baseline dyno) results and opinions

Well the mod bug has finally taken hold...and hard too...got another few things on the way....

and so the great debate continues: which shifter? which exhaust? which brand of oil? which condoms to use? and so on and so forth...

First off the baseline Dyno pull...(dyno results graph posted below)
good fun had by all...didn't have a scanner so had to take a pic of the printout with my camera..but it came out pretty good....
for the most part the HP and torque curves were very very consistent....and the a/f ratio stayed down at 12 mostly...maybe a hair too rich...but better rich than lean I guess....maybe I'm splitting hairs at an a/f ratio of 12
...once I install the headers this week or next I'll do another pull to see if I gained anything...then again after the intake...

The second edition is the Flowmaster exhaust. Which I really REALLY like. Nice deep aggressive tone. I've taken the liberty to record 3 sound clips for you folks here...with a very important twist...(maybe someone else has done it...I haven't seen this yet)
everyone seems to have a recording of their own exhaust but no other DIRECT consecutive comparison.
So what I did is take a clip of the stock exhaust, then one with an open exhaust, then another with the flowmasters installed. All 3 clips have been strung together and were recorded from the same place behind the car. So now you can REALLY hear the difference between these 3 scenarios without having to go between two different clips that two different people recorded at two different times. Sounds really cool to hear them play back to back to back-you can really hear the differences. By the way...the Open exhaust is loud...but MAN DOES IT GROWL- sounds REAL tough (wouldn't want that long term though)
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...open_flows.wav (hope this works) (300k but worth it)

And Finally the Pro 5.0 shifter install....
didn't come with any instructions so basically had to wing it...not too difficult..just annoying at times...tight spaces to turn ratchets...
1 piece of advice...find a GULLIBLE friend and pay him $20 to put that rubber dust boot back on the new shifter...it'll be the best $20 you've EVER SPENT!!!
The shifter is friggin awesome. Its solid feel is 100x better than stock. I've heard to adjust the stop bolts about 1/16 of an inch from the shifter when in gear. at this length you have to put a LOT of pressure on the shifter to get it to touch the bolts at all. To me that translates into the stop bolts doing nothing and all that pressure being put on your shift forks. So I adjusted the bolts inward so they are just barely touching the shifter when in gear...seems to work great...slides in and out and stops right where it should...

[IMG]local://upfiles/18112/FF9CD0615B894DDBB1B35E016D1EBE80.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2006, 03:12 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PIC AND CLIP; 3 big events done (Pro5.0, Flows, Baseline dyno) results and opinions

4wheel,
Well, your post has now made tomorrow a long day for me, since I am installing my flowmasters on Friday.....

I am a bit concerned, however, considering the negative press lately about the quality of the welds, etc. My order was already in transit when these posts started to surface. That being said, I cannot wait to get those SS 4" tips on, along with a bit deeper tone when jumping on it......

Thanks for the post, I think

Mike