Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just delivered! Dealer mistake, want fanblades.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 04:03 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Default Just delivered! Dealer mistake, want fanblades.

It just came in today! Gorgeous '06 vert GT. I'm so psyched! Weather sucked today and I got it at 5pm. Can't wait 'till tomorrow. Man, I feel like a kid on Christmas, literally.

Thing is I wanted 64E's/fan baldes. I mean, the 18" Bullits look great, I originally ordered them and changed them when I changed the color from red interior/black top to tans a couple days after the initial order. They got the colors right but not the rims. Wondering what to do now. I wasn't gonna make an issue at the dealership. It was sorta my fault since I never got an updated DORA and I've been waiting on it so long I just wanted it off the lot and home!

I'm thinking of buying some fan blades from blue oval industries. I can try these out 'till the new ones come in. Then I can swap them out. I would then plan on selling whichever set I didn't keep (probably the 64W's) on Ebay or the classifieds here. I can get the Fan blades new from blue oval industries (Ford Racing?) off ebay for about 800 bucks shipping included. My questons are...

Are these the exact same fan baldes as the stock ones or replicas? Also, how easy do you think it wouldbe to sell the 64w's on ebay or classifieds of one of the forums? I would think I could get close to 800 considering they'd be basically brand new. I don't mind losing out 100 bucks or so especially considering I'd get to try out both sets of wheels I had such a hard time choosing between. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 04-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just delivered! Dealer mistake, want fanblades.

Lol, I had the opposite, I wanted bullits on got fanblades. To bad you arent close to denver, I would trade ya.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:32 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Haha. How many miles on yours? Mine have 30 or so! Hey, 500 miles is nothing. Especially if we meet half way. 3 hour drive? I'm in a driving mood I tell ya! Thing is, I really like the idea of driving with these for a week and trying the fan blades for a week and just dumping the one I like least. I think it might be worth the chance of losing 100 bucks or so to try em both out.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:55 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking the same thing. I have fan blades, but live in Mich. I ordered Billits and got blades. I like them now and are part of the car. I only have 700 miles and have called the local tire place to check trade in to get 255's. I'm sure it's not worth changing for less than an inch in width.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:49 AM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

You can still bring it up at the dealership in a tactful, nonchalant way. See what they say or do.

I understand you excitement in finally getting it, but, c'mon you didn't get what you paid for and .............................

Really, a mistake is a mistake, the dealer didn't do it, FORD did.

What if they would have screwed up the color also ? or a 6 instead of an 8 ?

You owe it to your self to mention it to the Dealer.

JMO
Old 04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Well, I did order the 64W's first. I didn't check the updated DORA to make sure the dealer entered the correct rim change with color when I called in a change. So, the rims are partly my fault, Ford just built what they had on the DORA.

What I really wanna know is if the Fan Blades off Blue Oval Industries are factory parts or if they're replicas. If they're factory I'll go ahead and order them. Sure I could bring it up at the dealer but this is cool in the sense that I can try them both out and choose whichever I like better.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:11 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

I would call or email them, but they look like the same as mine exactly..
Old 04-16-2006, 04:30 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

The same thing happened to me, I told the dealer and they took a pair of fanblades off another stang at the dealer. Just ask them and they will probably do the same for you.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:50 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

It's a small dealer. They only have about 2 GT's and only one has 18" rims. They're 64w's too.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Yeah there seems to be some inconcsistency between the 64E and the 64W....and the descriptor in the system is not clear, so there seems to be a lot of confusion (edmunds lists the "polished" (64W) as 64E. When I ordered mine last month we looked at the invoice of a car in stock with the Bullitts to make sure that we ordered the right ones.

If mine comes in wrong (with the fan blades instead of the bullitts) I'll be looking to trade too....