Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compliments Reeceived

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:13 AM
frzn pony
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Compliments Reeceived

Just most peaple drueling all over it wishing they could have one!!!!Most cant beleive that my insurance is less than my 1997 dodge caravan.Got rid of the van because I'm a coulpe of years away from being an "empty Nester".......bad to a hot rod.......Sorry Honey!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

My first month with th car, I was pulled over 3 times by curious cops who just wanted to see the car. It was a bit scary at first but the cops were really cool.

The nicest compliment I got was from a fellow s197 owner at a meet. He had just picked up his screaming yellow '06 and kept coming over to look at my car and then he'd go back and look at his. After three trips back and forth he came over and told me how dissapointed he was because he ordered an '05 but received an '06. He liked the stainless steel interior and the painted mirror on my '05 better. And he liked the tri-bar pony spinners on the bullits much better then the blue oval center caps on the '06.

That was a great compliiment. He thought that my mods looked like they were done at the factory.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:43 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

I still get compliments on my car, last week we had a company meeting (we have 4 new employees so it was time to introduce them to the rest of the team) when it was time to introduce me to the new guys, what my boss said was "he's got the coolest car in the company, AND he races it for fun!!"
One of my female co-workers saw me on my way to work, when she got there she went to my office and said "I'm happy to see you drive that car the wait it's meant to be driven", lets just say I wasn't doing 20MPH.
Two days ago I was at one of my uncle's house, there were a couple of friends there, one of them had a kid about 7 years old, he's pretty cool with me so he asked me if I still had my other car, I told him I had a new one so he asked me to go out and show him my new car. I took him to see the car, turned it on and he was just drooling over the car. We went back into the house and he was still thinking about the car, he looks at me and says "you know, you can get away from the cops on that car!!!"

Remember that time we went to Jones Beach? The cop pulled us over just to check out our stangs, said we were doing 50+ while we were cruising at 30. He just wanted to check out our rides...

You know when a cop asks to drivers from two cars to get out of the vehicle, he just wants to jabber.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 AM
IEATSRT
1st Gear Member

Got my car early 05 and was constanlty answering questions... pretty much everywhere i'd go. that has faded as they are more common now but it still doesn't matter when or where i take it there are always a couple of people, whether their young or old that stare and point to their buddies. Not too many cars in my neck of the woods and very few with any aftermarkets so mine stands out a little more among them. keeps me smiling though!!