Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUSTED *siren*

Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 PM
bunit9685
1st Gear Member

Default RE: BUSTED *siren*

I love when kids who just got their licenses try to justify having a 25000 dollar car given to them and not paying any bills on it. Oh and dont lie about not condoning speeding etc when you just got pulled over for it, not to mention your 17. I know I was a far more responsible 17 year old than most but still 17...

Hope the parents let you keep your driving privelages after paying the ticket and the insurance hike.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: puppet

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I think it depends on the department, and the circumstances. Showing deference can't hurt. Jerks won't change, but nice guys won't become jerks if you don't give them a reason. Enhance their calm and make them think they're in control: Deference, car shut off, hands on the wheel in plain sight, blah, blah, blah.

I think where you stop factors into this. My personal advice, and the cops here can weigh in on whether this matters, is pull over ASAP, but it is better to go a little farther with your flashers on and find a place that is safe for the cop to approach your car than to stop where the cop has to stand in traffic or approach on your passenger side because you left him no choice.
It just depends on the officer really. I for one always give the benefit of any doubt to the driver and am always courteous to everyone until they force me to be otherwise.

As far as waiting to stop. I'd say you are better off stopping as soon as you see the lights. (As long as it isn't in the middle of an intersection or the like.... some people ARE just THAT goofy.) See, most cops are trained to anticipate a delay in reaction and account for it in when they plan to stop a vehicle. Most, like me, will time it so that they activate the lights a few hundred feet (depending on speed) before the anticipated stopping point. When you continue on, even with your flashers on (showing you see, but will stop on your own terms) scares us, frankly. We have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. You may have the best intentions, but our guard will already be way up when we approach your vehicle and courtesy will probably (and maybe unfortunately) fall by the wayside.

Bottom line... When you see the lights: Turn on your RIGHT HAND signal and pull slowly but directly to the RIGHT!!! From all the men and women servicing... Thank You in advance.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
puppet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scooter80

ORIGINAL: puppet

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I think it depends on the department, and the circumstances. Showing deference can't hurt. Jerks won't change, but nice guys won't become jerks if you don't give them a reason. Enhance their calm and make them think they're in control: Deference, car shut off, hands on the wheel in plain sight, blah, blah, blah.

I think where you stop factors into this. My personal advice, and the cops here can weigh in on whether this matters, is pull over ASAP, but it is better to go a little farther with your flashers on and find a place that is safe for the cop to approach your car than to stop where the cop has to stand in traffic or approach on your passenger side because you left him no choice.
It just depends on the officer really. I for one always give the benefit of any doubt to the driver and am always courteous to everyone until they force me to be otherwise.

As far as waiting to stop. I'd say you are better off stopping as soon as you see the lights. (As long as it isn't in the middle of an intersection or the like.... some people ARE just THAT goofy.) See, most cops are trained to anticipate a delay in reaction and account for it in when they plan to stop a vehicle. Most, like me, will time it so that they activate the lights a few hundred feet (depending on speed) before the anticipated stopping point. When you continue on, even with your flashers on (showing you see, but will stop on your own terms) scares us, frankly. We have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. You may have the best intentions, but our guard will already be way up when we approach your vehicle and courtesy will probably (and maybe unfortunately) fall by the wayside.

Bottom line... When you see the lights: Turn on your RIGHT HAND signal and pull slowly but directly to the RIGHT!!! From all the men and women servicing... Thank You in advance.
Thanks for that. What i am thinking of is on the highway. In PHX, we have walls and shoulders just big enough for a car, and I see people stopped there for cops all the time. But hey, whatever john law wants...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Fatblazer
1st Gear Member

I feel lucky now..... Last Monday Night. I was driving home on I 75 in Florida, and I passed a white Dodge Charger. I moved to the passing lane and was going around 90 mph (People who live in Florida will tell you that is a perfectly normal speed when no traffic). Speed limit is 70mph. He closed up behind me and flashed his beams. I thought it was some punk pissed because I passed him with ample space. Before I moved over I increased speed to about 100MPH. I moved to the middle lane and he followed me, this time when he flashed his lights they were blue and red!!!! I could not believe it. FLORIDA has WHITE CHARGER COP CARS WHATCH OUT!!! I thought I was done for it. I pulled over put my interior lights on, kept hands on the wheel. He never asked for proof of insurance or license, just asked why I was going so fast. I simply said "no excuse officer", he asked me how fast I was going and I said "at least 95mph". He said try slowing it down from now on. I've been pulled over 4 times, this is the first time I was not issued a ticket. FLORIDA STATE TROOPERS RULE!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:01 PM
bunit9685
1st Gear Member

Ya the troopers on the highway are not bad, but the cops on the streets suck, atleast around here. They set up friggin speed traps all the time on roads with speed limits far lower than they should be. When I'm on the highway on my motorcycle I'll cruise around 100mph, just a little bit faster than the traffic with no problems.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fatblazer

I feel lucky now..... Last Monday Night. I was driving home on I 75 in Florida, and I passed a white Dodge Charger. I moved to the passing lane and was going around 90 mph (People who live in Florida will tell you that is a perfectly normal speed when no traffic). Speed limit is 70mph. He closed up behind me and flashed his beams. I thought it was some punk pissed because I passed him with ample space. Before I moved over I increased speed to about 100MPH. I moved to the middle lane and he followed me, this time when he flashed his lights they were blue and red!!!! I could not believe it. FLORIDA has WHITE CHARGER COP CARS WHATCH OUT!!! I thought I was done for it. I pulled over put my interior lights on, kept hands on the wheel. He never asked for proof of insurance or license, just asked why I was going so fast. I simply said "no excuse officer", he asked me how fast I was going and I said "at least 95mph". He said try slowing it down from now on. I've been pulled over 4 times, this is the first time I was not issued a ticket. FLORIDA STATE TROOPERS RULE!!!
haha its almost like he was trying to give you a free chance by flashing his high beams before the regular lights.....
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I think pulling over right away is the right thing to do. If the cop wants you to move to a safer area, they will tell you to do so.

But I think a more important thing to do is not start fiddling in your glove box or pockets to get your credentials out. Just sit there, hands on wheel, shut off the motor, maybe flip on your interior lights if it is dark. No reason to make an officer nervous. If he wants to be a s**t head after that, at least you know you didnt provoke it.

I always shut off the motor, shows you arent going anywhere, also being some of my cars are kinda loud at idle up close, it makes sense to not sit there with the engine burbling away as if to say "like the way it sounds".
Old 05-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

hey,
just to chime in...
thats awesome man! im glad you didnt get in too much trouble. What was the outcome with the parents. Mine is no car for a month if i get a ticket and i pay for it.

im 17 also

as for the "daddy bying my car" thing. Yes my parents bought my car. Yes they pay my insurance. My job is school, and i work when i can. I make all A's at a very difficult school. To me this car is a reward for being a good kid/son, never got in any REAL trouble.
As for mods,i have 1600 in my wheels and tires 300 in my louvers 400 in my exhaust. And i payed for all of it. I also got in a fender bender recently. 1500 damage. Guess whos paying.....me. Dad bought my car. i pay to make it better.

friend got an 06 gt. parents payed for it. but the thing that gets me is that he has had the car for A WEEK and he has, exhaust, wheels tires, tint, CAI and tune.....and he didnt pay one cent. pisses me off

just my .02
This is a good example of how a persons views depend on perspective.

You both have parents that buy you new Mustangs, yet you are pissed of your friend because he gets more than you do in regards to the mods his parents pay for in additon to everything else. While "all" your parents pay for is a new mustang and the insurance to go along with it.

Just think of the people who's parents don't buy them nice new cars and/or pay for insurance, then maybe you won't feel so bad.

Not trying to knock you here. I just find it kind of ironic that some people may get pissed with the idea that your parents bought you a nice new Mustang, while you get pissed that your friend got the same thing but with a little bit extra.

Like I said, all a matter of perspective.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Fatblazer
1st Gear Member

haha its almost like he was trying to give you a free chance by flashing his high beams before the regular lights.....
He was, I just didn't know it!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Daddy gonna pay for ur ticket too?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BUSTED *siren*