Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Default Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) Question

First I apologize for being difficult and perhaps asking what may be perceived as stupid questions but after deciding to sale my 2003 Lightning so I could purchase a new Mustang I really want this car to be “mine” if you will.

I was thinking of going with the interior Sport Appearance Package (18M). However I see it comes with only 4 gauges instead of 6 and the odometer only goes to 120mph instead of 140mph.

I know I can go with the Interior Upgrade Package (18G) and with that there is the choice of “woven charcoal aluminum instrument panel appliqué with ribbed pattern” (67D) or “satin aluminum instrument panel appliqué” (67L).

Here is my question I have seen many pictures of the Interior Upgrade Package, and also in person. On the dash, with the IUP, from the left side to the right, it has what looks like an aluminum color strip. I would guess 28” x 5”. I want to go with the light graphite interior and Tungsten Gray exterior, so if I chose 67D, the woven charcoal aluminum instrument panel appliqué would that shinny piece of 28” x 5” be dark instead of shinny?

I don’t want the shinny piece across the dash, not that I don’t like it, but I think a darker color would look better with the light graphite interior. That was also one of the reason I had thought about going with the Sport Appearance Package instead of the IUP.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated…
Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) Question

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

First I apologize for being difficult and perhaps asking what may be perceived as stupid questions but after deciding to sale my 2003 Lightning so I could purchase a new Mustang I really want this car to be “mine” if you will.

I was thinking of going with the interior Sport Appearance Package (18M). However I see it comes with only 4 gauges instead of 6 and the odometer only goes to 120mph instead of 140mph.

I know I can go with the Interior Upgrade Package (18G) and with that there is the choice of “woven charcoal aluminum instrument panel appliqué with ribbed pattern” (67D) or “satin aluminum instrument panel appliqué” (67L).

Here is my question I have seen many pictures of the Interior Upgrade Package, and also in person. On the dash, with the IUP, from the left side to the right, it has what looks like an aluminum color strip. I would guess 28” x 5”. I want to go with the light graphite interior and Tungsten Gray exterior, so if I chose 67D, the woven charcoal aluminum instrument panel appliqué would that shinny piece of 28” x 5” be dark instead of shinny?

I don’t want the shinny piece across the dash, not that I don’t like it, but I think a darker color would look better with the light graphite interior. That was also one of the reason I had thought about going with the Sport Appearance Package instead of the IUP.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated…

First there is no stupid question, and Yes it will be dark if you chose the darch charcoal option.

Kind of a Carbon fiber type pattern to it. Before you pick the light colored interior i highly suggest you go see it in person. It is very very light.

Richard
Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

The only pics I found, so far, of the dark IUP was here - http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...5/07/index.htm

I chose the light interior because, with the top down, the seats a tad easier to sit on after the sun's been on them...
Old 06-04-2006, 09:40 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

I have the light grphite interrior and IUP. Here is a pic.