Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar detectors, Laser jam best BOLT ON PERFORMANCE mods you can buy? :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:43 AM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Radar detectors, Laser jammers best BOLT ON PERFORMANCE mods you can buy :)

You also must realize that when we (well at least me) say speeding I don't mean radical behavior, like weaving in and out of traffic doing 70 when everyone else is doing 50, because that is reckless driving, not speeding. And when the laser hits don't you have about a 1/2 second to react? You pretty much have to be already be on the brakes. The high quality radar detectors also have anti-radar detector detector don't they? I know a radar dector has saved my *** many times when a cop is just sitting there with radar. The instant-on stuff is kind of hard to beat.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:35 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Radar detectors, Laser jammers best BOLT ON PERFORMANCE mods you can buy :)

ORIGINAL: IcanDrive55

In response to the post that indicated that they had "beat" laser a few times using a laser detector, that very possibly isn't the case. I've posted this before in another topic but when I'm on the highway using laser in a 55 zone I don't budge for a car going less than 80 at the least, sometimes not less than 85. If your laser detector goes off it simply means your speed has been checked. If the speed is lower than what the Officer is enforcing then you only "beat" it in the sense that they wont stop you.

I know many think speed doesn't kill but I also respond to many fatality accidents in our City (including one last week where 4 people died in one speeding car) and almost without fail either speed, alcohol, or both are the causes. I'm trying not to preach, just stating facts from first-hand experience.
Well, that was my post btw. What i mean by "beat laser" was my detector caught the laser before it had a chance to tag me while speeding. The laser can reflect off of surfaces which my detector will pick up allowing me time to slow down. I made sure to do my research before i bought a RD. I will admit i'm far from immune to laser but so far so good. I do not have a laser jammer just the detector. If they weren't illegal, oh i would have one! My view is if a cop can hide and set a speed trap then it's only fair for me to have a detector. Speeding kills as a result of bad driving. Just because someone is speeding doesn't mean they will cause an accident. Yes, it reduces reaction time but even 55 can be deadly. Less than that can be deadly too. Anyway, if there weren't speeders there would be less revenue for the state to pay for police salaries right?