Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PERFECT TIMING!!

Old 06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default PERFECT TIMING!!

i got my sequential lights in today and i got screwed over so i had to stay at work 2 hours later..and of course as soon as i get out it starts raining..GGAAAAAAHHHHHH...i guess ill just spend the night reading the instructions...hopefully its not too hard as this will be my first time doing anything to my car..just thought id vent..sorry!
Old 06-24-2006, 10:01 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Default RE: PERFECT TIMING!!

Real easy.

Remove the trunk carpet (makes life a little easier), take the inner plastic liner out of the trunk. Just a few clips and two wing nuts. Then remove the one bolt on each side holding the side carpet to the quarters.

Unplug the tail light harness from inside the trunk. Remove the three nuts holding the tail in, gently remove tailight along with harness. Swap out the harness's.

And reverse steps. Just dont overtighten the tail-lamps, and make sure that you re-seal the nuts that secure the lamp to keep water out. I was able to just reshape the strip sealant around each nut to make them seal again.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:11 PM
austijc
2nd Gear Member

Maybe I'm just clueless but I broke one of those plastic clips trying to get it out. If you pop up the center circle, they come right out. I tried to pry the first one by the outer edge and it broke instead. It seems obvious now but it just didn't occur to me the first time.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

im so close to ordering the lights
Old 06-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Remrats1234

im so close to ordering the lights
I'm close to building my own controller.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:46 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I was going to order the kit or build one. But, I end up making too many things I cant find as it is. So I took the easy way and shelled out the cash.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goffball5

i got my sequential lights in today and i got screwed over so i had to stay at work 2 hours later..and of course as soon as i get out it starts raining..GGAAAAAAHHHHHH...i guess ill just spend the night reading the instructions...hopefully its not too hard as this will be my first time doing anything to my car..just thought id vent..sorry!
On the plus side tomorrow you have something to do now?
Old 06-25-2006, 02:58 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

yea..like this.....*wakes up...birds chirping..looks out the window* HELLO SUN!!! *sun says hello back* wow what a beautiful day!! *showers/brushes teeth/ gets dressed* *skips out to driveway while singing zippidy doo da*...*pops drunk*.......*downpour...softball size hail that cracks the windshield.....babies crying....lightning all around..tornados..Katrinas..*.....ugh..........
Old 06-25-2006, 11:21 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

hey alright..sorry again....i think im retarded.........like.......how do u open the trim around the lights..im really sorry about this...and you can make fun of me all you want..but im stuck......iv opened the trunk....and...thats as far as iv gotten haha
Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 AM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Did they not provide the instructions? It's pretty easy to do.

1. pop out those push pins (pull the centre piece out then the whole pin).
2. unscrew the two screws on the top of the plastic panel. The instructions say a T20 driver is needed, mine just had wingnut type ends on it so in and out in a few seconds. The panel should then be free. I didn't touch the carpet at all, I just wiggled the panel free.
3. There are 3 bolts on each lense, you can feel around for them and use a wrench or deep socket to remove. There are rubber washer type thingies around them. If you are careful you can get the bolts off without ruining them, I got most out OK, just re-wrap the bolts in that stuff before you put the nut back on.
4. Unclip the harness (it's a squeeze connector). Remove the lense, just pull back on the lense with both hands and it'll come free, pop the rubber grommet out and then go to town.

If you don't have the instructions, go to the classic design concepts website and download them, they're on the same page as the product listing.