Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrochromic/Homelink Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Electrochromic/Homelink Mirror

The optional mirror with the comfort group on the 2007 is Autodimming and has a compass, but sadly no Homelink! I ordered it, so mine will come with it, but since I ordered a Vert, I will have to order a Homelink mirror to replace it so I don't "lose" a garage door opener.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
razol
1st Gear Member

I installed an aftermarket mirror with auto-dim, compass, and temp - no homelink, but I have seem some with everything. I got it for the auto dim feature, my eyes are super light sensitive and it used to blind me when I forgot to flip the stock mirror.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:33 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Does anyone have the install instructions for the mirror from Ford? I'd like to see where the wiring comes from and what's involved. I took the car off the lot and would like to have a garage door opener.

Mustang Buster, are you saying the 07 can't get the Homelink? If they can, does anyone know if that will fit in the 06? I think that is supposed to be a better mirror somehow. -Joe
Old 07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blind1595

Anyone installed an electrochromic/homelink mirror? Any comments? I am thinking of installing one on my of 06 Mustang.
I got my dealer to install one as part of me buying the car! I like it. Autodimming, compass, temperature and the garage door button is in the center of the mirror.

These mirrors are aftermarket so you should be able to find one that fits.

Mike
Old 07-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Mustang Buster
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbailer

Does anyone have the install instructions for the mirror from Ford? I'd like to see where the wiring comes from and what's involved. I took the car off the lot and would like to have a garage door opener.

Mustang Buster, are you saying the 07 can't get the Homelink? If they can, does anyone know if that will fit in the 06? I think that is supposed to be a better mirror somehow. -Joe
That is correct. The 2007 mirror included in the comfort group ONLY has a compass and autodim. It does NOT have Homelink or temp. The mirror that has Homelink, temp, compass and autodim is still available only through the Ford accessory catalog if you get it from Ford. It is a Gentex mirror and can be purchased much cheaper on the internet.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I just finished adding the Gentex w/compass and temp and homelink. and I LOVE it.... it was really pretty easy to install and very easy to program the homelink button. I have used all three and truly enjoy the convenience.....
Old 09-17-2006, 03:17 PM
spectre53

Just bought a replacement mirror with Auto-dimming, Compass, and Temp. Need to figure out how to SAFELY remove the original '05 mirror. Any ideas?

I looked all over the bracket and can't see a set screw? I just don't want to break the windshield by prying anywhere I shouldn't of course. There is a wavy-looking opening at the top of the bracket but I can't feel a screw there? I tried with small jewler's screw drivers and a torx bit. There seems to be a middle panel on the bracket. I wonder if the screw is under this panel? Just don't want to hurt my "baby". I have a 2005 GT Convertible.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:19 PM
spectre53

Just bought a replacement mirror with Auto-dimming, Compass, and Temp. Need to figure out how to SAFELY remove the original '05 mirror. Any ideas?

I looked all over the bracket and can't see a set screw? I just don't want to break the windshield by prying anywhere I shouldn't of course. There is a wavy-looking opening at the top of the bracket but I can't feel a screw there? I tried with small jewler's screw drivers and a torx bit. There seems to be a middle panel on the bracket. I wonder if the screw is under this panel? Just don't want to hurt my "baby". I have a 2005 GT Convertible.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:40 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

I have the homelink mirror w/ auto dim, compass and outside temp. Did it myself 2 weeks ago. Works good. I don't know about the auto dim since I have dark rear window tint.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

I had the Ford dealer install the full boat one with Homelink, Temp, Compass & Auto dimmer. I want it to be warrantied and didn't want to risk damage. You will love it and won't be without one on your next car.

Quick Reply: Electrochromic/Homelink Mirror