Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the mustang could really use...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

Default RE: What the mustang could really use...

Junk is junk. I had 2 pieces of Ford junk ... I just thought everyone should know what they wasted their money on. Ford sold you and me and anyone else that bought these pieces of crap a damaged bill of goods and is laughing their asses off at both of us. By the way the second Mustang didn't start leaking till 21000 mi. Experience the leak problem for yourself and you'll find out exactly what kind of crap Ford sold you.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

I actually like being able to leave a car out in the rain without wondering if it's gonna start or smell like a summer day at the Jersey Shore.

Oh how about that hood shake over 80 mph ... gave me confidence that the hood wasn't gonna fly up in my face ... NOT. (6x's in for that problem .... 2x's on the rear axle groaning problem). Gotta love that Ford quality LOL.

Let your Spongestang start falling apart like mine did ... I GUARANTEE you'll love em as much as I do.

PS .... my 1968 Mustang 289 with dry rotted window gaskets and rotted hi hats didn't leak. SO why the hell would2 BRAND new Mustangs leak. Yep gotta love that Ford quality. Sorry you got taken.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 PM
WhiteHorse94
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WaterSoakedLemon05

Junk is junk. I had 2 pieces of Ford junk ... I just thought everyone should know what they wasted their money on. Ford sold you and me and anyone else that bought these pieces of crap a damaged bill of goods and is laughing their asses off at both of us. By the way the second Mustang didn't start leaking till 21000 mi. Experience the leak problem for yourself and you'll find out exactly what kind of crap Ford sold you.
No, you're not informing, you're bashing. I HAVE had the leak problem and its been fixed. I live in one of the rainiest areas of the country and Its fixed. Granted a new vehicle shouldn't leak but don't pretend your doing anything other than whining and complaining. Move on with your life and put your energy into something useful.

Yeah, sometimes things **** me off and sometimes you have to fight for the right thing. But life is too short to waste your time crying about s**t you cant change.

I've owned 6 different Ford vehicles in my lifetime and have been satisfied with the performance and quality of each. Every new car is bound to have some issues that must be taken care of. Unfortunately a few get out that cant be fixed. Just a part of life. That doent mean that EVERY Mustang or EVERY Ford vehicle is a piece of garbage.

Quit whining, quit generalizing and STFU

Old 04-05-2008, 08:27 PM
EricM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

No way on the wiper. That's for minivans IMHO.

Optional heated leater seats (that are now on 2007s), and a damn good sound deadening package so you can hear the radio over the road noise!!!!! A trunk release button would be nice too--dangling keys around the paint ain't good!

I spent 3 weekends and several hundred dollars getting mine quiet enough to hear the radio; especially on wet roads!

Yeah, I know this ain't a luxury car etc., "you should have bought a BMW" and so on....Beamers are overrated and here in Dallas they are a dime a dozen, and 90% of the drivers that drive one around here think their $hit don't stink and they own the highway. There is an M5 that is going to get a taste of my Saleen SC one day soon; he might beat my a$$ but he will have to work to do it!

I'm 45 and to the point in my life that I can afford such a car and pay cash for it like I did! I like my creature comforts in a car; I like my automatic transmission. I also like a sports car that looks like one and runs like one which this car absolutley does! I like to have things that are optional. I don't like it when they are not optional.

They can add all this $hit as options. That way when you buy one and build it, you can get everything you want, including those little bitty comfort things. You don't want it, you don't have to buy it and they can continue to sell most w/o the stuff to those that don't want it.
I agree with you. The way Ford does business really baffles me. Most of the extras people mentioned in this thread (and many more) are in the Ford parts bin right now. All they'd have to do is throw them in the Mustang (for those who want them) and charge for them. Sometimes I think they actually don't want to make money selling stuff to people or something.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 PM
WaterSoakedLemon05

Ford made the POS ... they bashed themselves. Yeah they got me for $17000 on 2 leaking pieces of crap. Just for your information. There seem to be alot of "FIXED" Mustangs that continue leaking after the repair is completed and the 3yr / 36000 mi warranty is up.
FORD IS CHARGING FOR THE REPAIR OF THESE LEAKS.... and still continuing to claim that there is no leak problemonANY of the Mustangs. Sounds like fraud to me.

I'm really glad that you think buying a car that leaks is ok and that Ford didn't rip you off. For the $25,000 I spent on the first car (8x's to the dealer for leak repair) and the $32,000 I paid for my second car (3x's to the dealer for leak repair). I think both you and I and anyone else who bought these poor excuses for a car deserved a car that wasn'ta leaking piece of junk. At least that's what I expected for my money.Maybe a leaking car is ok for you, but I expected a car that didn't leak. When it did, Iexepectedthat car company to make it right. Instead Ford lied about it. At one point I was told that it was "impossible" for it to leak.

I was one of the first victims of the water leak (March 10, 2006). Ford told me I was a liar, I was dumping water in the car to "get rid of my car payments", the dealer I bought it from threatened to have me arrested 3x's,Ford Customer Care would hang up on me routinely. The NE District Manager that was "handling my case" was called 64x's. She eventually returned my call ONCE. When she finally did return the ONE phone call, she made sure she called only after I had left for work. I had informed her NUMEROUS times I was only available until 12 pm each day. She called me at 3 pm. I wasn never contacted by her.

After the BBB arbitration, I gave Ford the benefit of the doubt. I figured it was only 1 car, a fluke. I took another as part of my settlementwhen the Better Business Bureau forced Ford to send it to Ford Reclaimation. Two cars, two pieces of leaking junk .... hmmm. I guess you find that acceptable too. If you do, I have a bridge I've been trying to get rid of and you'd be probably be happy with that too.

Maybe if Ford hadn't lied about the leak (and continues to lie about it), called me a liar and then they got caught trying to hide the fact that the car leaked from day 1 from the Better Business Bureau.Then I might not "bash" their POS.

I also guess you think that buying a car that the manufacturer already knew therewas a problem with is OK. That's your choice. Ford screwed a lot of people and continues to do it.

You figure there are a hell of a lot of people who have found this site andhave reported their own experiences with "the leak". Just how many people out there haven't become aware of it yet ??? Let their car warm up over the summer and start to reek of mildew.I have a feeling there will be a lot more unhappy Spongestang owners coming forward. Unfortunately Ford will probably continue to deny it.

Call Ford Customer Service and ask about the water leak problem in Mustangs. They continue to claim therehave been NO reports of it. Nice company ... when all else fails ... LIE TO THE END.

Bashing .... informing ... what ever you want to call it. Pi** poor quality is what I call it. Enjoy your Spongestang ... just keep looking under that carpet, cause' ya never know. Might be fixed ... might come back. (Nice feeling isn't it ? Knowing that your floormat might be floating. I know I enjoyed it on my Mustang ... NOT)
Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
WhiteHorse94
2nd Gear Member

Yawn....next subject please. The first 5 times I heard this story, I felt for you. Now you keep talking and all I hear is Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cekim

ORIGINAL: GT Premi
This isn't a luxury car. How much effort does it take to reach down 7" and twist that **** a click or two?
I have to go over to the dark side on this one as for the 3rd time in the last week, I have had to run around the house looking for the !@#$ing keys to open the trunk...

Driving a convertible, everything that isn't passengers goes in the trunk or the console (else it gets blown out)...

So, when the girls (daughters) inevitably run off with the keys, I have to hunt them down when I could otherwise just hit a button and go find my keys later.
Never really been an issue for me when I go to the car i have my keys ready. I use rain-x and hardly use my wipers. And I like the fact we dont have a trunk release in the car. I have locked my keys in the trunk more than once and have been lucky enough to have car unlocked. I just open the back seat and reach for them since the trunk isnt big at all. The fact it doesnt have a release button is cool because thats what every theif looks for when they break in. rarrely do they have the patience while the alarm is going off to pull your seats down and search for valuables.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

2 options drive faster or not at all in the rain. lol