Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-3 shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2-3 shifting

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0
I believe there is a tech bulletin about it. If they know about the problem, and deem that it is a design flaw, then they'll fix it for free. What’s with you people? Is this your first new car?
I don't know of any TSB for this, if there is I would like to see it. So what if this is someones first new car, do you find it necessary to belittle people? As a mod that's a great way to show how people should act on this forum. I doubt Ford is going to fix a problem that keeps people from powershifting 3rd gear at WOT as this won't be a concern to 99.9% of drivers. So before jumping in a conversation and telling people to go to Ford for a torque strap and belittleing them for asking you for clarification on a false statement you made make sure you have the facts to back it up.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

There are several TSB's about the 2-3 shift on the '05+ manual transmissions. Perhaps you should look into them. Maybe Ford has addressed the issue yet avoided calling it a "Powershifting Problem." Perhaps you could try using Google, or even know something about the tr3650 trans before jumping down my throat. A good friend of mine had this same problem, and got Ford to address the issue for him. I'd be happy to tell you how to get around it, But since you're all so fu$king smart. Figure it out on your own.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Why don't you post some of those TSBs I looked and I couldn't find anything in my current subscription to FordMotorcraftService.com which has a list of all current Ford TSBs.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

There are several TSB's about the 2-3 shift on the '05+ manual transmissions. Perhaps you should look into them. Maybe Ford has addressed the issue yet avoided calling it a "Powershifting Problem." Perhaps you could try using Google, or even know something about the tr3650 trans before jumping down my throat. A good friend of mine had this same problem, and got Ford to address the issue for him. I'd be happy to tell you how to get around it, But since you're all so fu$king smart. Figure it out on your own.

I gotta go with 1quickshortbus on this one Sidewayz. You started out sounding like a total a$$, and that is not cool for one of the site mods to jump into a conversation with no provocation and start being a jerk. As a site moderator, I think a little more help and a lot less attitude is called for. If you have the info, share it up. Otherwise, leave it to others to spread the wealth. No need for all the attitude.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

He does that a lot.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

I gotta go with 1quickshortbus on this one Sidewayz. You started out sounding like a total a$$, and that is not cool for one of the site mods to jump into a conversation with no provocation and start being a jerk. As a site moderator, I think a little more help and a lot less attitude is called for. If you have the info, share it up. Otherwise, leave it to others to spread the wealth. No need for all the attitude.
You're right. I did come off like an ***. I apologize. However, I offered some assistance, and I got..."I find that hard to believe" and "Thats a false statement." Which pretty much seems to be the norm for this section for some reason.

For those of you '05 owners who aren't ********. There is a TSB about a grinding noise when shifting 2-3 during deceleration. Remember what I said about the way it was worded? It happens when you're on the gas (hard) you let off and shift. The motor and trans torque back the other way because of the mushy mounts. The same thing happens during a powershift, just in the other direction. Those of you that can figure out how to make this work in your favor can get Ford to fix it for you.

On that note, I guess this will be the last time I post any tech help in this section.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

Why don't you post some of those TSBs I looked and I couldn't find anything in my current subscription to FordMotorcraftService.com which has a list of all current Ford TSBs.
Try utilizing the information provided on this site. The TSB's are listed here, as is the one I referenced.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

i am rather surprised at the way you all came at sidewayz. at the top of this forum the tsb's are listed and i found the one he was talking about in about 45 seconds. is your problem with sidewayz strictly because he doesnt have his mustang in his sig??? did any of you bother asking him how many mustangs he has built/tuned/raced??????? i dont have my stang in my sig, which is irrelevant and has no bearing on my knowledge of vehicles. i know first hand that sidewayz has physically built mustangs and engines, as in done the work himself, not paid a shop to do so thus i would trust his judgement far more than that of someone who has a tuner built car
Old 08-09-2006, 01:07 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Iguess you are referring to:

Bulletin #: 0588
Sequence #: 10017919
Date: 06/07/2005
Component Name: 102000 power train:manual transmission
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2005
Summary: Growl/grinding noise in 2nd or 3rd gear during deceleration - tr3650 manual transmission - vehicles built before 1/15/2005. *tt

or possiblly:
Bulletin #: 18753
Sequence #: 10017871
Date: 07/01/2005
Component Name: 102000 power train:manual transmission
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2005
Summary: Gear rollover noise. *tt

Neither of which has anything to do with shifting, one does state grinding noise when decelerating but nothing about shifting. This is not a problem with the transmission grinding when shifting but not even being able to get the shifter into the 3rd gear position becasue the drivetrain is torqued over so much. And one more thing, this TSB is only for vehicles built before 1/15/05 which would indicate they solved the problem after that, yet the original poster has an '06.

Trip, I'm not sure if the comment about the tuner built car was directed towards me, but I sure would like to know.

I guess I just won't offer my input when a site moderator is involved in a discussion because they are always right around here.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Amanda
Administrator

Okay.... this is over... Erik apologized and said his piece and offered his advice. No need to get defensive on any one's part. Thank you....

~Amanda

Quick Reply: 2-3 shifting