Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cheap Gas?

ORIGINAL: rebelyell06

Not only is it cheap gas, but old gas. Try to use popular places in your area. Definately dont' use gas from the mom and pop store down the road that bairly gets enough business to stay afloat. I Use BP and Chevron personally.
I live in DC, so there's no such thing as slow-gas-stations! Good to know these things, though.

Someone at Ford needs to build an alternative-fuel Mustang. That'd be killer.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:18 PM
IA_Chiefs_fan
2nd Gear Member

I have Kum & Go and Casey's to chose from. I'm assuming Kum & Go is the better option, right?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I will be isntalling my CAI in the next week or so. I have read alot to not buy cheap gas. What constitutes cheap gas? Is Walmart cheap gas? Albertsons? I take it to mean only buy from places like Chevron Exxon ect. Is that the case?
I run 93 octane in mine from Sam's, Tom Thumb, or Kroger and she runs just fine. I run their 87 octane versions in my Honda Civic, Honda Accord, and Dodge Truck, and they all run just fine as well. No spark-knock if you use the proper octane of gasoline; it has nothing to do with the price of the gasoline--that is a myth!

One thing you will find out, it all basically comes from the same horse. There are major tank farms around each city. Most everyone (Texaco, Amaco, Chevron, Shell, Diamond Shamrock, Valero, Hess, Fina, ad. nauseum) that sells gas will get their gas at these tank farms.

Now they may pour a vial of something in the gas and claim it has a special additive and they can do that lawfully. However, it probably ain't that much of a deal.

I took the intake manifold off of my Dodge truck at 30,000 miles and the area around the fuel injectors was just fine. In fact it was as clean as a whistle. At that time I was living near Austin, TX and bought my gas at the HEB grocery stores.

All gasolines are required by law to have fuel injector cleaner in them, even plain old regular gas. Fuel injector cleaner is nothing but Stoddard solvent and naptha (that's all Techroline is).

In addition as for the gas being old, I think not! I see the tanker truck at these stores on a regular basis where I live (Garland/Richardson TX area).

Two simple rules for gas: Buy the octane you need (87 if you ain't got CAI/SC, etc. mods and 93 if you do), and buy from the folks that have the lower price.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 09:41 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sst06vert

Believe it or not all gas comes from the same pipeline and they just put labels on them.
+1 (and some different additives)
Old 08-23-2006, 01:12 AM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I will be isntalling my CAI in the next week or so. I have read alot to not buy cheap gas. What constitutes cheap gas? Is Walmart cheap gas? Albertsons? I take it to mean only buy from places like Chevron Exxon ect. Is that the case?
I run 93 octane in mine from Sam's, Tom Thumb, or Kroger and she runs just fine. I run their 87 octane versions in my Honda Civic, Honda Accord, and Dodge Truck, and they all run just fine as well. No spark-knock if you use the proper octane of gasoline; it has nothing to do with the price of the gasoline--that is a myth!

One thing you will find out, it all basically comes from the same horse. There are major tank farms around each city. Most everyone (Texaco, Amaco, Chevron, Shell, Diamond Shamrock, Valero, Hess, Fina, ad. nauseum) that sells gas will get their gas at these tank farms.

Now they may pour a vial of something in the gas and claim it has a special additive and they can do that lawfully. However, it probably ain't that much of a deal.

I took the intake manifold off of my Dodge truck at 30,000 miles and the area around the fuel injectors was just fine. In fact it was as clean as a whistle. At that time I was living near Austin, TX and bought my gas at the HEB grocery stores.

All gasolines are required by law to have fuel injector cleaner in them, even plain old regular gas. Fuel injector cleaner is nothing but Stoddard solvent and naptha (that's all Techroline is).

In addition as for the gas being old, I think not! I see the tanker truck at these stores on a regular basis where I live (Garland/Richardson TX area).

Two simple rules for gas: Buy the octane you need (87 if you ain't got CAI/SC, etc. mods and 93 if you do), and buy from the folks that have the lower price.

Hope this helps.

Mike
[sm=exactly.gif] [sm=signs007.gif]
Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I use only Sunoco Ultra 94 octane and have had no problems.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

My car sounds louder with premium chevron but i get better mileage with premium v power shell. dunno what it means. Hope it helps