Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Gas Do You Pay For Your V8 05'?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How Much Gas Do You Pay For Your V8 05'?

ORIGINAL: silvermaster92

Doesn't tact mean giving offense? Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.

I did say it means giving offense. So yeah be quiet. Wow you looked it up. So I knew it and you didn't? Try Online schooling buddy.
ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

No you didn't remember tact from the past because it means:

1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.
not giving offense like you think, go back to school and leave this forum alone.

I'm not following you around, I spend 99% of my time on the foum reading about S197s (oh those are '05+ Stangs) so when you post a thread talking about them there is a good chance I am going to read it.

It means to avoid giving offense which means not giving offense

Silver read the whole post before you reply. Im not making fun of you. I too oncedreamed of a mustang. I got my first one not even running. I fixed it by the time i could drive. Theres no problem with what you post but research first as the other guy said. Also dont fight with people. You only make yourself ook worse
Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: rex7010

+1

Rex

ORIGINAL: MBDiagMan

I guess I have more patience for Silvermaster than the rest of you. Even though I'm 57 years old, I remember extremely well the day the first Mustang was announced in April of 1964. I was about a month shy of being 15 years old. I was a serious car nut from the time I was a small child. A lady down the street drove up with one that weekend, and us kids put fingerprints all over it we were so excited. She was ready to chase us off with a broom.

At that time, in Texas, if you took drivers education you could get your license at the age of 14. I had a '47 Chevy that I bought out of the wrecking yard for $12.50 and about $75 later had it running and on the street. My wishing for a Mustang could not have been more hopeless had I been wishing for a Million dollars.

At that time, at that age, had there been such a thing as the internet, I am quite sure that I would have been posting all sorts of questions/comments/stories et al. Instead all we could do was mess around with wrenches on our ratty old junkers and dream.

I say, let the kid dream. I also say to you Silvermaster, turn these questions into some useful learning. You are old enough that you should have begun your learning of algebra. Using the algebra that you learned in the first week would lead you to the answer to your question.

Go research the fuel tank capacity of the Mustang. Go down to the corner, look at the sign and see what the price is for Premium gasoline. Multiply the number of gallons of fuel tank capacity times the price that you saw on the sign and you have your answer. You also have a very good example of why you should pay attention in your math classes.

Keep posting the questions, but also do some research and study on your own to learn about cars and other things of interest and apply your education to these interests.

Good luck,

Wow. I do know algerbra too. anywayz, where did u get this from? I didnt see it.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Wow. I do know algerbra too.

Yet you can't spell it. Amazing.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

OH ****! my bad typo i swear. Algebra.