Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Torgue Manangement turned off- Wow!

ORIGINAL: classj

But if anyone wants to try this, he is willing to do it if you already have his intake and tune package.
I think Mr. Speed might be getting a few emails. I'd like that in my tune just to get TCS turned off.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Treatz
2nd Gear Member

I'm a little confused..
with TMS disabled courtesy of Brenspeed with new tunes he'll send to his customers, would traction controll fail to fucntion altoghether?

I'd like to keep traction controll for rain or poor weather but ultimately like to have the most torque possible when i turn it off to hammer some road courses.

and of course, what would the hit on the mechanicals be...
More torque would most likely wear out parts faster.. although I dunno how much faster
Old 09-10-2006, 02:59 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Let me clarify this, in Brents opinion, he feels that his tunes are properly set up as is with the TMS modified, not turned off. I think I gatherted that he feels the car runs better overall with it on. He mentioned that some other tuners just go in and shut everything off. He feels that ford did some of this stuff for a good reason and learned to understand it and modify it as needed rather than just shut it all down. Sounds good to me.

I dont know what would happen with the TCS. From my conversation with Brent, he did not indicate that there was much to be gained by turning the TMS off. But said if I would like to try it, he would be more than happy to do it.

But overall, my car is running so damn good with his 93 tunes I am almost afraid to touch it, and I dont want to replace any of the three tunes in my SCT with the new one. So until I figure out how to save one of them and still replace it, I am not doing anything.

Right now I am taking it slow and deciding whether I am happy with the car as is, or if I want to modify it further. But I think that if I am going to add power, I am not going to stay NA. Not enough to be gained with these 5hp here and there parts.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 AM
tmcmulli

ORIGINAL: doode

ORIGINAL: tmcmulli

Met a guy who was the head engineer @ Steeda for all the '05 parts, doesn't work there anymore... he told me about the torque monitor, apparently is shuts off at a specific torque level, not RPM... 330 ft/lbs, if I remember right. Mine will hit it when I downshift into third to pass and put the pedal on the floor. Feels like the engine misses, got something in the fuel line, etc.

Haven't turned it off, don't have a tuner... but he gave me an inside # at SCT...
I had the same problem, always in 3rd as well.
Got a new fuel pump installed just yesterday and its all gone now.
Dealership knew the problem right off the bat, and it was done all in 1 day
Cool, I gotta go get that done! I saw a fuel-filler issue as well... I've been fighting the Shell pumps for a year!!! I hate going to the dealer...