Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD = SH*T !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default FORD = SH*T !!!

NOT MY WORDS!!!

I just got done arguing with an old friend of mine about Ford being not sh*t.

I was defending Ford because i've seen the consumer reports and Focus' and Mustang V8's are actually very reliable. He argues that all Fords are crap because he's had one in his family since 2000 (an Explorer). He says the design of Ford's cars suck, something about the AC and how there's a "max AC" button which makes no sense since you can switch to a higher setting on regular AC. I agree with him on that part. But of course he's going to have a bad taste because Explorers' are notoriously unreliable and problematic.

So i'm about to order a Tungsten Mustang GT sometime in the near future, and i wanted to settle this, because ive never owned one, before i buy a Ford. How reliable is the Mustang V8's anyway? I've read very few posts where people complain about problems. About equally as little as a WRX forum. Please give me an objective view on this, since we're all enthusiasts here. And anyone with other brands or have had owned other brands please give me some feedback. And for the time being lets skip over the "It's bloody fast, so who cares" mentality.

Any help would...uh, help. Thanx [&:]

-Jun-
Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FORD = SH*T !!!

I have given people drives in my car that think mustangs are worthless and they say afterwards, I want one what did you pay for it?
The interior is insanely comfy and functional I have had no probelms with my car yet and have not heard of any from anyone else.
There is nothing wrong with the car in my opinion...hmmm it could use more hp...hahah but 300 is good enough maybe wider tires in the rear because they let loose when you give it to her, but it does have tc! nothing wrong with the car man

what does he thinks compares to the mustang anyways? because in my opinoin when it comes to price there is no car that does...
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

listen, this whole issue about ford sucks and what not is so dumb. Not every ford car is going to be perfect. You get those customers that got a car that is just giving them problems and you have others that never had a problem. Thats just the way it is. I just shrug it off and move on.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Ummm in case you didn't know -

A/C = Outside air

Max A/C = Fan

It's functional, especially if the outside is stinky
Old 09-26-2006, 11:20 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

its true though I had an Explorer, the Transaxle went then the tranny lost 1st gear. my friend also had one and lost a cylinder dont exactly know what they ment but thats all they told me. explorers are a bad example of anything besides **** vehicles. Im not a die hard ford fan but ford, like everyother company, has its good and bad vehicles. look at cavaliers and sunfires, and neons, and civics...and look at the focus.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Sounds like your "friend" has a case of sour grapes with Ford products....he's entitled to his opinion(I think any FWD American car is a POS-just my opinion). If you want to examine reliability, just look around you. How many V-8 Mustangs are still in the road? Nearly all of them! Yes the S197 is an all new design, the engine is new too even though the architecture's the same. I would avoid '05s, having owned one, it was great to drive, but little recalls here, little recalls there...first year of an all new design, usually something suffers. I now have an '06 GT(Tungsten-outside/Charcoal-inside) and I am just so pleased by improvements Ford has made in just 1 year to the car. Having come from owning Nissan trucks for over 10 years, I must say that my '05 didn't have any major mechanical issues(just nagging little things-battery going weak, trunk trim coming loose, front strut mount bearing clicking lock to lock, gas filler issue), my '00 Frontier Crew Cab had a faulty injector issue for several months(techs finally figured out the intake manifold had a crack) and front suspension issues(loose sway bar mounts) and it left me stranded once(injector gone bad) and that was all in the first 12 months of ownership. I would heartily recommend a new Mustang to anyone...and take your friend for a ride to shut him up.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Not that this means much but...

I've bought more than a dozen new cars and have only had serious problems with one of them - a 1994 Ford van. Eventually, Ford bought it back under Ohio's lemon law. At the time, I swore off Fords forever.

12 years later I bought a GT because I perceived it to be a (relatively) good value that had strong emotional appeal for me. Although some have had a few nagging issues, they are not major. The vehicle seems to be well thought out. Reliability reports, thus far, are pretty good (not a real concern for me since mine is mostly a garage queen). It will take some more time before the true verdict comes in though.

Every vehicle has its drawbacks and design flaws. The quality of the paint on my daily driver (an '05 Honda Odyssey) is certainly no better than that of my Mustang. Same with the interior - the quality of the materials used in both vehicles should be a bit better given their price points.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
redbullet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Ummm in case you didn't know -

A/C = Outside air

Max A/C = Fan

It's functional, especially if the outside is stinky

Ummm

A/C = Outside air

Max A/C = Recirc

Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

I have given people drives in my car that think mustangs are worthless and they say afterwards, I want one what did you pay for it?
The interior is insanely comfy and functional I have had no probelms with my car yet and have not heard of any from anyone else.
There is nothing wrong with the car in my opinion...hmmm it could use more hp...hahah but 300 is good enough maybe wider tires in the rear because they let loose when you give it to her, but it does have tc! nothing wrong with the car man

what does he thinks compares to the mustang anyways? because in my opinoin when it comes to price there is no car that does...
My friend knows nothing of the mustang, and doesnt care about Power. He's one of those "a car is only for transportation" people. Which may explain why a non-performance oriented Ford maybe problematic. Ford cars that are engineered for sport seem to be more reliable for some reason. [:-]

Can you elaborate on the experiences of these people you've given rides to? And does the change of heart only correlate to the impressive power? What made them decide to buy one? As a person who's owned 2 BULLET PROOF honda civics i'm extremely critical when it comes to reliability. I love the Stang for it's looks, power and sound but that is only a portion of actually owning one.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

I bought my 07 GT a month or so ago, and the biggest problem is making up reasons to go somewhere just to feel the comfort, power, awsome handling, and pride of ownership. There are a couple TSB's on the car, but no big deal, and its a quick fix. This is my first Ford in 35 years, and I have never liked them . I have been a Mopar man and still am, but there is no comparison to any other car with the Mustang and the 06 and 07's are the best of the best .

The leather interior is perfect, no excuses for anything. Definitly...get your GT!

Quick Reply: FORD = SH*T !!!